Chapter 5

"You just hold on, you'll be alright," said Mr McDonell.

"Angel, Carly... my..... daughters," Mrs Barclay could hardly breath with the face mask the paramedics had put on her face as they laid her on the stretcher, dragging her down the corridors of the hospital. Mr McDonell was by her side the whole way.

"You hang in there. I'll make sure that your daughters are here."

"Please.... if.... if anything happens to me..... take care of them. I've a bad feeling something is going wrong right now."

"Don't say that. Nothing is going to happen to you."

As they approached the doors leading to the emergency ward, Mr McDonell knew he shouldn't follow Mrs Barclay any further.

As the stretcher went beyond the doors of the emergency ward, Mr McDonell took his phone and decided to make a call.

***

"Where is Carly?"

"And who might you be?" Mr Walters asked with a frown on his face.

"I just happen to be her sister," Angel replied as she took a few steps towards Mr Walters.

"Oh. I now see the similarity between you two," Mr Walters held his chin.

"Enough chitchat. Where is my sister?"

"I'm afraid you can't see her right now. She's busy."

Angel now stood a few feet away from Mr Walters. She had simply forgotten that she was moving and that Eric was slowly coming behind her.

"I don't care if she's busy. I'm her sister and you're going to move out of the way right now."

"You seem like a tough one. I bet you're a rough as your sister when it comes to fulfilling a man's pleasure now, aren't you?"

All of the sudden Angel closed the distance between her and Mr Walters and a huge slap was heard across the whole bar. For a moment, nobody moved and the whole place seemed like a ghost town.

Angel was furious and her pretty face was screwed in anger. She felt she could tear the whole world apart after what Mr Walters had said to her. It was now pretty obvious that her sister wasn't what Angel thought she was and that broke her heart completely. She felt like killing the huge man in front of her and she didn't care if she ended being the murderer at the end of the day.

Mr Walters paused as he tried to take in what had just happened. He looked at Angel with fire in his eyes and his face became red with anger that he looked like a hot cooker pot ready to blow up any second.

"You had the guts to slap me, you stupid girl!" exclaimed Mr Walters. "You're much of a whore as your sister!"

Mr Walters raised his own hand to return the slap, but all of the sudden, Eric quickly found himself in between Angel and Mr Walters as he held Mr Walters' large hand. He pushed the hand away and he looked directly at Mr Walters straight in the eyes.

"Hasn't your mother ever told you that it's wrong for a man to hit a woman?" Eric asked. "Looks like to me you were never taught any manners."

"You shut up, boy! Don't come into business that doesn't concern you."

"Well, I won't let you disrespect her, okay? Just bring her sister down here and let's solve this."