Chapter 11

"Boss, you're not going to believe this!" Miranda came into Mr Walters office without knocking so suddenly. Mr Walters almost got knocked off his seat in shock by her sudden appearance.

"Do you want me to get a heart attack?" Mr Walters asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "You should learn to knock first. Hasn't your mother ever
taught you any manners?"

"I'm sorry, Mr Walters," Miranda apologised. "I just came to tell you something really important."

"What is it?" Mr Walters rubbed his forehead with his hand in frustration.
"I don't think it's going to be possible to extract our revenge on those two sisters."

Mr Walters looked up at Miranda who had a look in her eyes he couldn't understand. He sat a little upright in his chair.

"What do you mean it's not going to be possible to extract our revenge on those girls?" This came as a surprise to Mr Walters.

"Just that, Mr Walters. It turns out, the house where those sisters used to live was taken from them by the bank. I passed by their house today and I saw people loading their stuff in a truck," explained Miranda.

"Tell me, did you see Carly or her sister there?"

"No, but I asked one of the neighbours if they did. And they told me they saw Carly come by the house and take some personal belongings. And there was someone with her."

That made Mr Walters very attentive and his eyes bulged with anxiety. "Go on, tell me."

"They said she came with a man. He looked like some rich business man or something."

"Ah, huh," Mr Walters leaned back on his chair and thought of what to say next. "Is the man famous or something? For people to describe him like that, he must be of some importance."

"He must be," said Miranda, taking a seat opposite Mr Walters. "Could Carly have found herself a sugar daddy or something?"

"No, she couldn't have. At such a short space of time and her sister who was badly injured in hospital, no way. He must be someone to her."

"If she did find a sugar daddy, then she is really lucky," said Miranda, with a grin on her face.

"Could you snap out of it," Mr Walters snapped his fingers in front of Miranda's face. "Now is not the time to envy Carly. Now is the time to find her and her sister."

"You don't worry about it. One thing is for sure, those two aren't leaving the country. And besides we still need to find that Leo and his friend too."

"We already know the McDonell family, so finding those two boys wouldn't be a problem. You just find out where Carly and her sister is."

"You got it, boss." Miranda stood up from her seat and left the office while Mr Walters sat in the dark space of his office deep in thought.

He had to find those two sisters now that Angel was okay. Yes, they did almost destroy his entire bar and had almost got them in trouble with the police, but it went way beyond that. The two sisters had just made an enemy. And he was going to do all he could to give them a taste of their own medicine.

The phone on his desk rang, jogging Mr Walters out of his thoughts for revenge. He saw the caller ID and he gave out a smile when he took the call.

"Hello, old friend," said Mr Walters, "I know you called for news. I have good news and bad news. Which one would you pick first?"

***

Angel couldn't hide the look on her face when she first got inside the McDonell household with Eric pushing her wheelchair. The place was amazing. The walls painted white and the white shiny marble of a floor made the place dazzle in brightness. She had never been to such a place before. And the staircase had a rich brown colour of mahogany. The walls had magnificent paintings and Angel couldn't wait to take a tour around the house.