Lost Princesses

Bailey's POV

After Catía's and I long trip at the mall, I dreaded to go home. My home was even worse than school. My dad left us when I was eleven and my mom is always drunk and always brings some weird guys to the house. But thank god I have a big house and my room is farther from my mom's room.

As I stepped out of the car I took a deep breath and stared at my so called "home". Apparently Brooklyn saw what I was doing and held my hand. I looked at her and gave her a sincere smile. We walked hand to hand into the house. And of course my mom was all over some weird fat guy.

Brooklyn looked a lot like our mom. We all had long, blonde hair. Well I dyed mine red. They had tanned faces. I have a porcelain white face. Brooklyn got her height from my dad and I got my shortness from my mom, I think. But I got my moms witty green eyes. I looked at my mom in disgust, like she's beautiful she can do way better than that old creep. Brooklyn coughed and that finally got those two's attention.

My mom pushed aside her bangs out of her face and the guy fixed his pants awkwardly. I rolled my eyes at them and I crossed my arms.

"Well who's your new friend?" Brooklyn asked in disgust

"His name is Derek." My mom replied while clearing her throat "And he's going to be staying here for a couple of days."

"Ew!" I shrieked "Mom you can't be serious? He can go back to the side of the rode were he came from!"

Brooklyn chuckled and Derek snorted.

"Bailey! You don't run this house, I do! And he's going to be staying in my room for as long as he wants!" My mom shouted

"Well it seems like an old,no good loser is more important than your own daughters mom!" I shouted back "And you're barely here to even run the house, Brooklyn and I pay the rent! While your off showing your body off to strangers like him!"

My mom gasped and pushed me to the ground, making me hit my forehead on the tile floor. Brooklyn screamed and grabbed our bags and took me upstairs.

"Whore!" Brooklyn shouted at my mom.

As I turned around I saw Derek and my mom leaving. And I knew I wouldn't see her until another week with another guy. I whimpered not only because I was in pain, because I miss my old mom. Our old mom actually loved us and we loved her but now I don't even know who she is. When we finally made it upstairs, Brooklyn took me to the bathroom and got the first aid kit.

I started to cry and Brooklyn hugged me. She started shushing me and telling me it was going to be alright.

"I miss mommy!" I wailed into Brooklyn's arms.

I heard her sniffle, "Me too."

She pulled away and started to treat my wound. After she was done I went to my room and started to cry all over again. I looked at myself in the mirror and wiped my tears. 

I shouldn't be doing this to myself . I thought to myself.

I went to take a relaxing bath. I made sure the water was cold and filled with bubbles. I turned on my stereo. It was playing Freak by Lana Del Rey. I made sure to keep my necklace on because Catía is one of the very few people that I trust. I slowly dipped into the bath and when I finally soaked it all in, I started to relax. But then the situation replayed in my head all over again, but instead of getting sad I got angry. I was in rage, my mom was supposed to be with us. Not with a loser. Just thinking about that made my blood boil even more, then I screamed.

Soon I realized that my necklace started to glow. Then in an instant when I touched the water with my hand it turned into steam. I was in a state of shock when all the water in the tub just turned into steam. When I finally pulled my hand away, my necklace stopped glowing.