Chapter 5: Control.

"At this pace I really doubt you'll be graduating" Maddie said in between teeth, sometimes I wonder if she ever means her words to be this harsh or if they just slip out of her mouth right out. We walked down a crowded hallway towards our lockers to finally end the school day. My grades had been dropping ever since Tyler and Josh came back and we all know those grades were never great. "Well that definitely makes me feel better.." I roll my eyes careful for her not to notice "It's bullshit though, the teachers have it against me I swear I'm making an effort" I tried to explain and plant the lie in my head that it was not my fault to be failing many classes, this time Maddie rolled her eyes making sure I saw her.

"By the way, my mom's taking me shopping for dresses, you should come with us. I can help you study later for your finals," Madison said putting books back in her locker and closing it, leaning against it with a loud thump and looking at me waiting for a response.

My phone vibrated in my hand signaling I had received a message, I took a look at the screen.

Tyler:

I miss you.

When's the next sleepover? My bed misses you too.

I still have things to show you.

I tried to hide the smile that was threatening to take over my face as I thought about Maddie's proposition and what was it that Tyler had in mind.

"Uh...yeah I don't know about that, graduation I mean, I'll better focus on my exams first you know? I can come over later once your done with shopping" I said, expecting her to agree, more because I wanted to have an excuse to see Tyler rather than actually wanting to study. Tyler was leaving again soon, I had to make the best out of this days with him.

"Okay, fine then..I'll see you later, be good Mia," The last words came out of her mouth almost like an habit, like she had the obligation to remind me I had to behave well because if she didn't I would somehow forget I had to. The only thing that that did was feed the guilt I felt everytime I did something I shouldn't. She was such a mom

-

Back in my own home things are always tense, I could feel it building inside of me as I took a step inside my house and I felt a couple of eyes target me. My mom sitting down in the kitchen table with a rather angry look. My mouth went dry and all of my blood rushed to my hands making them tingle, and my feet, they were ready to run.

"The principal called, why on earth are you failing your classes?Are you like stupid or something?I did not raised you to be a fucking failure Mia" She blurted out as soon as she saw me, I knew this conversation was going to happen any time soon. "I-I'm sorry, I-m trying" I said, my voice suddenly becoming small and weak.

"You're always trying, don't you think it would be better to actually fucking do something for once? God, I'm so tired of you, can you even do something right? Tell me!" She yelled, standing up and walking towards me, her figure becoming ten times bigger than usual, I took two steps back and she continued yelling at my face, promising to take everything I loved away from me, even threatening me with sending me away with whoever wanted to put up with my shit because that's how tired she was and with that I agreed, I was tired too.

"I don't know who you are anymore.." She mumbled while grabbing a bag from the floor, "You don't know me, It's not my fucking fault you were never there when I needed you. You don't know me don't try to be a mom now," she chuckled sarcastically only making my insides burn "Well, like it or not I am and that's why I can say this to you.." She grabbed me by my face forcing me to look straight into her eyes " I don't know who you are anymore because I never thought I had such a miserable daughter, I guess I had faith in you before but now that's over. So do me a favor, don't wait for me to come back"