Chapter 9: Talk.

When school's over and you've got nothing to do, days tend to feel longer and you kind of run out of things to entertain yourself with, on this day in particular, Maddie and I had gone over every single activity we could think of but the sun was going down and there was not much left to do so Maddie had put on a movie and we were laying on the couch with tons of covers and snacks to go on through the evening.

Maddie's parents were out for dinner and Tyler was out doing god-knows-what. I was drifting off into sleep, wrapped around in two comfy covers when the front door opened, letting the cold air in, making my nose cold and waking me up suddenly.

"We're back Mads," Tyler announced and I popped my head up to see who was accompaning Tyler. Madison nodded desinterested, with her eyes glued to the T.V, but after that I just couldn't concentrate at all because the man who was standing next to Tyler was no other than his best friend.

It was an equal, surprised reaction from both parts when they saw me look up at them. "Oh, Hey Mia," Tyler said hurriedly with a hint of a smile on his voice that he brushed off quickly to pretend he wasn't excited to see me, "Hey guys," I said in a low voice, doing the same as Tyler but eyeing Josh nervously, I knew there was gonna be some kind of tension either way if I was going to be around them but Josh waved his hand at me and he seemed calm, in fact, both of them seemed pretty happy, which was weird because Tyler hadn't been in the best state of mind the past couple of days but I guess it was good for him to surround himself with other people.

Both of them headed to the kitchen and I could hear them talking, I tried my best to figure out words or sentences and know if they mentioned me in their conversations but I could barely hear over the movie.

After a while Josh and Tyler wakled out of the kitchen with grilled cheese sandwiches and sat down on the rug infront of the T.V, "You're not changing my movie," Maddie warned, "Tyler, no," She said loudly as Tyler reached over to the T.V with an evil grin on his face, his finger hovering over the DVD button "Watch me," the siblings exchanged looks, Maddie almost challenging Tyler to do it, "Tyler don't. you. dare."

Tyler did dare, He did change Maddie's movie which was boring anyways and his sister let out a frustrated grunt which only made us three laugh, somehow making the rest of the night less tense and awkward. Tyler sat down next to Josh, leaning his back against the couch I was laying on, as the movie progressed and the only light that illuminated the room was the screen's I let my hand fall on Tyler's head and I began absentmindedly running my fingers through his silky hair thinking that everyone else was minding their own business, Maddie was on the verge of sleep, which wasn't rare, and Josh was excitedly watching Dumb and Dumber for the 40th time in his life.

Tyler looked up at me and smiled lovingly, enjoying the feeling of my petting and with a hint of tiredness on his eyes, I felt the need to lean over and place a much needed kiss on his lips but that was risking it enough so I swallowed my desire.

º

The movie was over, Madison was sleeping soundly and as much as Tyler didn't wanted to get up and carry her sister to her bed, he did it anyways. I already felt the need for him to be close to me again and I really didn't want to be left alone with Josh.

"Can you take all of the plates and stuff to the kitchen for me? I'll be right back," Tyler asked as he struggled to pick Maddie up, it stranged me that after all of this time, he still decided to do that for his sister, it was sweet but, not exactly good for his back. "Yeah, yeah, no problem," Josh said and gathered a couple of things and walked towards the kitchen, I did the same and walked up behind him, my mind thinking about many possible scenarios.