Chapter 9 (Revised 2024)

In forming new friendships, forget not old friends.
-Roman Proverb

"Mi Amore Cadenza cease your actions! What are you doing with my hair?"Luna protests as Cadence happily styled her hair, the siblings are practically bored from doing work (nothing) in the castle they now called prison from home so the two barged in their cousin's room.

Luna showing no signs of getting up as if she was glued to her bed from pondering of ways to reach someone close to Sombra, Cadence had to bribe her with the sweets they brought.

She insisted to do Luna's hair as a healthy exercise to move their nerves and work their minds off their unpleasant situation.

The older sibling sat at the edge of the bed looking slightly annoyed but satisfied as her sister hummed a little tune.  Luna quickly flashed Chrysalis a look of 'Help me' but the latter shrugged as she points to her sister and shook her head.

"Done!" Cadence beamed, putting back the brush and turning the mirror so that Luna could see the outcome. Looking at her reflection, the night princess noted how similar her braid is to Queen Amore with the two intersecting lines in the middle but something's amiss.

"There! You look very beautiful Luna! what do you think Chrsy?" Cadence turned to ask her sister who made a crooked smile, "Yes....she's fine," She smiled nervously , "What? See what you can do and I'll judge you then?!" the feathers on her wings fluffed up as she placed her hands on both hips with a sly smile.

"How unfortunate for you my sister, you don't know anything about braiding. Do you remember the last time you braided your hair? It was so horrible that Aunty scolded you for doing so!... clearly I can do better" Cadence sneered at her with a point to herself.

"Oh is that what you want huh? Then, .. I'm better than you at flying, see for yourself? "Chrysalis shot back with a pout, pointing to a tree that can barely be seen outside the window with half of its branches missing.  Luna could only shake her head remembering how she and Celestia would bicker like that when they were young.

"Daughter of a slime!"

"Love freak!"

"Girls-" She felt it worsen and obliges to stop the small cat fight between  two sisters.

"Curse you!"

"I hate you!"

"I hate you too!"

Both of them stopped to crossed their arms and turned their backs on each other. After a few minutes Chrysalis slumped on her shoulders and turned around, "I'm sorry C I didn't mean to say that....the braid just reminds me of Mom and you know how I feel about her" Chrysalis apologized softly qs , "I'm sorry too Chrys....I should have known and I shouldn't have added fuel to the fire"Cadence apologized and opened her arms for a hug, her sister's expression softened before she dived into the hug.

"Heartwarming, reminds me of how Celestia and I often fight on things.."Luna mused with a smile, avoiding one major tribulation that lasted for years. After such, incident that lasted a year, their bond grew strong...these two siblings still has a lot for them.

Three soft knocks came behind the Princess' door which interrupted the sweet moment.

"Come in!" Luna answered with all gentleness in her voice.