Entry 7: Hers

The new apartment. The new apartment that took a year to save and find. Perfect for two. Perfect to live and feel safe in, while the world of New York City played outside. The first of many weeks, all unpacking decorating, separating, and sorting.

"Yep, this ones all cloths I'll put these on the bed, just in case you want to go through them"

"Okay thank you honey" Jessica called as Danny already left for the bedroom.

Danny flipped the box over and a pile of Jessica's cloths fell out, but a hard surface hit the floor. There he looked down and saw a brown leather book that fell open to the page with the red string book mark. Picking it up he instantly regretted already reading the first line, focusing realizing it was her diary. He couldn't. This was invasion of privacy. This was wrong. It was hers. But what he just read was sweet. Nothing secretive that someone would hide. So he kept reading. Turning behind him making sure she wasn't coming to find him nose deep in her deep personal side. He read again.

"11:43 pm. June 3.
As I sit hear and write I watch him sleep. Sleeping so soundly. Tomorrow we move in together. We will start a life together. I'm thinking. Thinking of everything this man has taught me. He taught me how to love myself. He taught me how to love myself when he looked at me as if I was the universe and everything else was simply the stars and planets. He taught me how to love myself when he traced his fingers over the parts of me that I am most insecure about, and his touch would still remain. He taught me how to love myself when he kissed me so much that the taste of his lips were the only thing I could remember. He taught me how to love myself over and over again until I finally felt it was true. I love him."

"Danny?" Jessica yelled catching him from reading anymore.