Chapter 5

A/N I hope you liked this chapter as much as I liked writing it. Thanks for getting me to 100 readers!!!! I love you guys so much!!

Songs for this chapter :

·Dreams- Bastille Ft. Gabriella Aplin

·Don't Forget - Demi Lovato

~Sams p.o.v.

A month passed and nothing had changed. I did my daily routine everyday since I got back from going to the meet and greet.

Every morning I woke up at 4 in the morning and slip into my sports bra and yoga pants with my running shoes. I would grab my water bottle and towel then start my run to the gym that was down the street. once I got there I would meet with my trainer, Danielle.

" Hey Sam, you ready to burn off fat today!?" she asked smiling.

" Yeah ."i answered and we would begin with the stretching, sit ups, running on the treadmill, weights, pushups, then wed go on break. After two hours of pure working out at the gym, I would jog back home, take a shower and get ready for school.

But ever since the stranger called me after the meet and greet, I've been talking to him after I got out of school, but before I went to work.

He sounded so familiar everytimr I talked with him on the phone. It feels like I've known him since forever and that I can tell him anything. His voice is deep, but soothing. He had an accent, I can tell, but I can't really mask what it is. He's sweet all of the time, but he can crack jokes too. I've asked him what his name was, but all he gives are hints, like; " Lima Bean, Pooh Bear, English muffin ," and the funniest one," My little cheesecake."

When I hear his voice though, I get . . . . . I get this feeling in my chest and in my head like as if I really know him from somewhere. I also get visions every once in a while when I'm talking to him and he says a certain thing.

As if it was a memory.

One of my visions, or memory, was of a little girl and a boy playing in the sand at the beach. They were making a sand castle, piling buckets and buckets of sand, then using sticks to make a little draw bridge for it. They also used some more sticks to make crowns for their head. The boy placed the girls crown on her head tentatively, and with so much care, and he kissrd her on the cheek, he must've liked her.

Then it disappeared into thin air.

It felt like, I was the girl, but I had no idea who the boy was because his face is always blurry when I have the visions.

It was the beginning of December and as it grew closer to Christmas, I felt sadder. I had no family to spend it with, not even a close friend. My father was gone, I had no siblings, and my mom. . . . .

When my dad left, my mom would leave sometimes. The first time she didny get home until the next morning, and I was worried sick. But she just told me, " Oh shut up you big baby. I was just having fun with Steve ."

So after that i was still worried, but every time she came back, I knew she was gonna come back no matter what. She would be gone for a day, then 2, then 4, and soon she would be gone for weeks.

But the thing is, she hasn't been here since the meet and greet, which was a month ago.

My mom always convinced me that I wouldn't do anything with my life, that . . . I would become like her. I never really liked her here, its better without her here. But I can't help nit feel a little worried.

Then as I started to actually enjoy my time alone . . . . . . . . . the bell rang.

As I opened the door, I thought it would be the next  door neighbor asking if she could have our leftover pears for her dog-don't ask me why-but it wasn't her . . . . . .at all.

There in the cold air was a man, who I had no idea, stood.

He then asked," Are you Sam Devry?"

I closed the door abit, trying to hide my face from the stranger. " Umm. . . . yes." I answered.

" I'm gonna have to ask you to come with me."

------------

Sitting down in a plain square room with a metal table and two chairs, with a one-way glass window, wasn't like in the movies.

It was cold and scary. It felt as if were a room where butchers keep all the animals hanging from hooks. Thinking that, a shiver ran down my spine.

A couple minutes later, a male detective about my age or older, came in with a file under his arm and was holding a cup of hot chocolate.

" Thanks." I said, reaching for the cup he held out for me to take.

" No problem." he sat down on the opposite chair. He sighed and looked at me . I noticed that his eyes didny look maddened, but. . . . sorry.

I was afraid why they came to my house and asked me to come down the police station. I didn't do anything wrong, not that I know of. And if I have done something wrong, why would they have asked me nicely to come down here without ha cuffing me right then and there.

I think I know what I did wrong.

" I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have done what I did. I knew that I shouldn't have let that stray dog into my house and fed it until it could go back on its feet! I thought it didn't have an owner.  . . . . ." I looked up at the detective," Does the owner of the dog want me locked up?" I asked him.

He cracked a smile, and chuckled.Why is he chuckling? Is he happy that I'm going to jail?

" Your funny Ms. Devry." he said," And no its not about that. I dont even think that's considered a crime." he smiled.

I smiled," Ya, um right." I said embarrassed.

" So, uh.  . . . .why . .am  .I. .here . . .exactly?"

He sighed again, the smile fading from his lips. He opened the file that was sat on the table, and he layed out some pictures.

My eyes scanned over the numerous pictures. A tree had fallen over in one picture, a car was crashed in another. Then another car had its hood caved in, smoke was visible. That same car was on fire in the next picture, and my eyes began to get blurry. The last two pictures though, was what made me break.

He scooted the last two pictures towards me and my eyes grew wide, I began to shriek.

Because when the detective showed me them, I saw a familiar license plate, and my moms body being carried out by the ambulance. . . . . . . . . in pieces.

************

I know, emotional chapter.

Please comment and vote!