II | The Deal

I turned around and saw a guy dressed in black shirt, black pants, black shoes. 

Dang, did somebody die? What's with the black? But people wearing black attracts me for some reason though. Black is such an attractive color!

"Yes?" I asked. Then suddenly I realized something. "Oh! You're the guy from this morning!"

He stops in front of me.

"You didn't get this back a while ago." He says handing me my journal

My eyes widened. I snatched the notebook away from his hands. "You didn't read it did you?!" I asked

"Errr.. no." He said avoiding my gaze.

Oh my gosh!

"Yah!" I shout in disbelief "Don't go through people's things!"

"But I was curious!" He says like a puppy who just broke his leg and is begging to be taken to the veterinary clinic

"Even so!" I say "Thank you!" I shout at him and started walking away.

I started flipping through my journal.

Oh my gosh. Until when did he read stuff?

On October 23, I saw that he spilled something on it.

I took a closer look, I smelled a faint smell of something familiar.. is this alcohol?! Is he drinking?!

I took a sharp turn to look at him and scold him one more time but that that.. thing disappeared.

I continue walking towards my apartment.

"Oh. Chae Rin-ah. Are you alright? You seem down?" The grandmother from across my apartment hall asked me as she got out of the building.

"Ne. I'm alright grandma. Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm going to see my husband." She says.

"I still don't get why you don't live together grandma." I say

"It was his decision." She faintly smiles.

"Good luck grandma! Fighting!" I say giving her the 'fighting' sign then entered the building.

I pressed the '3' button on the elevator and closed the door.

My phone suddenly rang. It was my friend from high school, Lee Sung Joon.

"Sung joon-ah!" I greet.

"Chae Riiiiin!" I hear her squeak from the other line the elevator signals my arrival at my floor and steps out.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Oh! The girls and I are going partying! Come with us!" She says.

I walk down the corridor and fished my keys out of my bag.

"Sure. Text me the details okay?" I answer.

"Ne ~ I'll see you there!" And with that she drops the call.

I make my way to my bedroom and snoozed for about 15 minutes.

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing.

I pick it up.

"Yah! Chae Rin-ah! Where are you? We're almost going home!" I hear Sung Joon shout from the other end of the line.

The background was so noisy and I hear people screaming and the music was WAAAY too loud.

"Oh my gosh! Mian (sorry) Sung Joon-ah! I just woke up! I'll rush to you as soon as possible!" I say in a panicked voice.