XVIII | See You Again

Park Chae Rin's P.O.V

It's been years now and ever since that night, Jeon Jungkook never came back.

The last time I saw him however, was on the television.

They had finally debuted.

I'm so proud of my boys. They're now slaying charts and all that.

They've been going on world tours and concerts.

I once passed by the venue where they had a fansigning event, but I doubt Jeon Jungkook will even remember me.

Also, I'm saving myself from being hurt.

As for me, I'm a doctor now. I work at the best hospital at Seoul, and as usual I'm still stuck with Lee Minhyuk. But this time, at the hospital instead of the vet clinic.

I moved houses as well. I live in the heart of Seoul now, close to myt working place. I'm living with Sung Jung, Minhyuk's sister as well as my bestfriend. She became a chicken place owner and owns a bunch of chains around Seoul.

Everything turned out fine.

I was walking to the convience store when I passed by an all too familiar looking poster.

'BTS Fansign!' Were the words that were sprawled across the poster.

Maybe it's time.

Jungkook's P.O.V

"Kookie-ah. Can I call you oppa?" The noona in front of me asks.

I eyed her, obviously judging her.

She laughs and covers her mouth. "Mian!" I smiled and signed her photobook for her.

I saw a sticky note that was asking a question for me.

"Would you date someone anytime soon?"

Yea. If only I had the time to come to her. I would.

I quickly scribbled down, "I'm fine with ARMY 💜" and she was off to Jimin's company.

"Ah ~ Kookie-sshi. You've grown so much."

That familiar voice sweeps over me.

Sweeps over my entire being.

I willed myself to look up.

"Chae Rin!" I shouted. Earning the glances of the other member.

"Chae-aaah!!!" Taehyung shouts abandoning the confused fan in front of him to go to where Chae Rin and I were.

"Chae Rin!" Jimin also shouted and made a gesture to hug her. But Taehyung stepped on Jimin, causing Jimin and Taehyung to stumble over.

"Chae Rin!" Hobi says running towards her and hugging her.

Sorry boys. I say looking at Jimin and Taehyung. Hobi got this one.

"Okay. Okay. Calm down Hoseokkie! I can feel your fangirls stabbing daggers behind me!" She says.

She looks different. As well as her aura. It changed.

She still has long hair. Those bright and cheerful eyes decorated with eye bags. Her lips were pale red. As if failing to re-apply make up before coming here. Her smile was the same. The way she talks was the same. But at the same time, so different.

"Chae Rin! My child! How long has it been? How have you been?" Jin hyung says coming near her.

"Oh.. about 3 years?" She laughs "Excuse my state though. I came from the hospital and decided to drop by!"

"Oh? What happened? Is something wrong?! Are you hurt?!" Taehyung asks.

"Pab---" she was about to tell how stupid Taehyung was but lemme guess, decided against it because of the fans behind us. The old Chae Rin would've cared less and insulted the hell out of us anyway.

"Pabo!" She shout-whispered.

Nah. Still the same old Chae Rin.

"I work as a doctor now at Seoul Hospital." She says holding her doctor's coat up.

"Boys. Sit back down. You can talk to Chae Rin when she reaches your spot." PD-nim says.

We all understood and nodded and sat down.

I was the first one.

"How's it going Kookie?" She asks.

"I'm doing well.." I answered briefly.

There was a bit of silence. I couldn't say anything. I don't know what to say. I haven't seen her in so long.

I want to spend time with her.

But not in that way anymore.

She began to move but I stopped her.

"Wait." I took out a random piece of paper and wrote what I needed to write.

It took a while.. but I hope I got my message across.

Chae Rin's P.O.V

It pains me to be unable to see the same way that Jungkook used to look at me.

It was still there. But it was faint.

I guess 3 years was enough for the both of us to move on, huh?

I wanted to go to the next member but he held me back.

He started writing on a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"That night was something I still remember Jungkook." I whispered. "But.. I don't want to hold us both back with that memory."

I looked at him. "It was nice to see you again..."

"Jungkook-sshi."