Chapter Twelve

After what had happened Saturday night, Samantha haven't heard from Joshua. After the lie that she had fabricated and served to him, she wasn't surprised. She felt a little disappointed but what can she say? It had been a couple of years, but she had practically made him relive the day when she had just upped and left without a word.

Samantha was however thankful that her father was doing better. She had her father to well being to occupy her thoughts. Deep down she knew that she was lying to herself. Her heart broke a little more whenever she thought back to what happened at the hospital. She knew how Joshua delted with his frustrations, beds a woman and that made her a little bit jealousy.

"Samantha, don't you think you need to get some rest now dear?" Julie, her concern mother asked the same question, what felt like the fiftieth time now. She had been asking the same thing from Saturday night.

"Mom, I have told you for the thousandth time. I am fine, I just need to be here right now OK?" Samantha said whipping the sweat from her sleeping father's forehead. The doctor had informed them that he would be ok, however they just need to keep him at the hospital for a couple more days for further observation. "I want to be here. I can't go home."

"Or you don't want to go home!" Her mother corrected the last part of my statement. "You know you just don't want to be home because you would be alone, where you would feel the overwhelming guilt from lying to the poor guy." She said, taking a seat on the opposite side of his bed.

"Mother, I am fine and I don't think he cares that much neither. Remember that he is engaged to be married, so I don't think it affected him that much."

"you don't know that Samantha. Did you forget that he loved you-proposed to you before you decide to leave and most importantly, you carried his son. I think that man is still in love with you and would drop his fiancé faster than I dropped those baby fat when I had your sister."

"Uh.......ok then? Your being delusional mom. The man seemed quit content with his longed leg, wide eyed, plumed lip, model fiancé."

"Is that why your jealous?" She had a knowing smile on her lips.

What? No!.....I am not jealous, Samantha mentally yelled. "I am not jealous, in fact I am happy for him." Lie. She has been trying to convince herself that she wasn't indeed jealous. But if she could, she would take Joshua for her own; hide him somewhere where no one would find him.

"uh-huh...whatever floats your boat baby girl. I'm going to get you some dinner."

"Ok. Thanks."

Julie mumbled something as she walked pass her but Samantha wasn't able to hear whatever it was. Her mother was never fond of Joshua but she had a change of heart when she saw how determined he was to get on getting back Samantha.

He searched high and low for her. What would he do if he found out that Amari was indeed his son? Would that determination double? Or would he loose interest because of a child in the picture?

Julie was gone for a good while and Samantha was starting to believe that maybe they had kidnapped her. She was ready to get up and go look for her mother, until the door opened from behind her. "Finally, I though you where lo......" The face that greeted her was not the one she was hoping for in a million years.

"Lost? Why would I be." He said with a serious look on his stone hard face.

How Samantha wished it was indeed her mother. "W-what are you doing here?"

Joshua was standing at the door with a vas in his hand that held a bunch of the reddest roses Samanha ever seen. "Don't look so frightened love."

Samantha said nothing, for her eyes where still fixated on the beautiful flowers that the beautiful man before her was holding.