The Reaping

"Rosebay Odair!" I heard my name being called. I never thought I would be called. Both my mom, Annie, and my father, Finnick, have been in the arena. They didn't talk about the arena much, but when they did, it didn't sound good. My daddy has flashbacks now and then, he cries or screams. My mommy is traumatized, even after all these years. She zones out, staring into the distance, she covers her ears for no reason, and she laughs in the middle of conversation randomly. I don't know what I would do when I come out- if I come out- alive. I slowly make my way up to Rebonica, our Capitol escort, you can say. When I make it to the stage, I stare blankly at the town square. I find my father, tears in his sea-green eyes. I almost want to cry, but I don't have the energy to do so. No one volunteers, probably out of shock that a daughter of two victors is going to the games. Rebonica goes up to the bowl with the boys' names. She picks out a name. "Our boy tribute is... Vince Clair." I see a skinny boy with brown hair and freckles make his way to the stage. "I volunteer as tribute!" someone from the crowd says. "Wonderful! A volunteer! Come up, come up!" Rebonica says excitedly. The skinny little boy looked relieved. Up came a tall, muscular man. "What's your name and how old are you, child?" Rebonica asks. "Alamar Perez, 18." Great, I think, a career... He'll probably kill me without a second thought. Well, at least my dad is my mentor. I'll be able to spend some time with him before I die. "Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor!" Rebonica cheerfully yells. We are taken to the Justice Building so we can have some visitors.

Sorry for the short chapter. Hope ya'll liked it though. Like, Comment, Follow! Love ya'll !!

-Crystal