Their Talk

I wake up early in the morning. I look at the clock and notice it’s only six o’ clock. I probably wont be able to fall asleep again so I decide to explore. I quietly walk out of my room, not wanting to wake anyone up. I step in the elevator and look at the buttons. Training Center, One, Two, Three, Four… and so on. One floor catches my eye though. On the button, you can see the small, neatly written word. Roof. Roof? I can go to the roof? Cool! I press the button with out a second thought. It takes a few seconds for the elevator to reach the roof.

Once I reach the floor, the elevator dings and the doors open. I take three steps out of the elevator. I look around for a moment then spot a seat on the far end of the roof. I make my way to it, but freeze as I hear the ding of the elevator. I run to hide behind a plant on my right. Who would be up this early in the morning? Well, besides me? I slightly peek from behind the plant to see who it is. I feel like I’m playing hide-and-seek back at home with Adrian.

I look at the elevator and see Catia and Griffon from District 2 walk out of the elevator. I study them as they make their way to the seat. I wonder what they’re doing here. “So what’s the plan? If it comes to us six Careers? Who’ll die first?” Catia asks Griffon while leaning down to sit on the chair. Griffon sits next to her, on the floor. “Well, we kill off those two from 4.” Griffon replies easily. “But that girl, what’s her name? Rosebay. She seems like she’d be important… You know, with those fast reflexes and the whole trident and knife thing. She got an 11 in the training score.” “Okay, we’ll keep her. But if she shows any weakness, she’s dead.” “Fine. How about the other two? Tiffany and Royce?” “I don’t know. They’ll probably turn against us first, so we need to watch them.” “Yeah… Tiffany seem okay, but Royce… I don’t really trust him.” “Why not?” “I don’t know… he just is mysterious. Don’t you think it’s kinda suspicious?” “Well, I guess.”

“What would happen if it comes to the two of us?” Catia asks, worry in her eyes. “Well…” Griffon chuckles, “We can’t pull a Katniss and Peeta stunt. If we did that, they’ll let the both of us die for sure. They don’t want another rebellion on their hands.” “So then what?” Catia questions, reaching for Griffon’s hand. Griffon takes her hand in his, “We just won’t fight. We’ll make the show boring. Sure, they’ll send in some mutts or something, but we’ll be able to fight against them. It’s either together, or not at all.”

Everything is quiet for a minute or so. I shifted my weight to my left foot. I seem to have made a noise because I hear Griffon say, “Who’s there? Come out and show yourself!” I’m motionless, too frightened to move. “Don’t make me find you myself!” Griffon says louder. What do I do? Do I come out from behind the plant to loose the trust of the two? Or do I stay and let him find me, with maybe worse consequences? I decide to come out from behind the plant.  

I know I'm talking to myself, but whatever. Hope ya'll liked... Vote, comment, follow. Bye.

-Crystal