My Visitors

My first visitor is my older brother, Finn. He runs in and hugs me. “I’m scared, Finn. What do I do?” I ask him. “Bay, you’ll come back. I know you will. Dad will get you some sponsors. You’re very smart; you know how to throw knives and tridents. You’ll come back.” It sounded more like he was trying to convince himself, not me. “I just wish we had won that stupid war. This wouldn’t have happened if the rebels had won.” “Finn, it’s not their fault. And don’t say it’s daddy’s fault or mommy’s fault. They did what they could.” “I know, it’s just, you’re the only one I could talk to, the only one I can trust. If something happened to you, I don’t know what I would do.” I hugged him. “It’s okay, I’ll be fine. If I don’t come back, just talk to mommy and daddy. They’re as trustworthy as I am, maybe even more.” I tell him. Although he’s the older sibling, he usually acts like the younger one. The Peacekeeper comes in and tells Finn that time’s up. Before Finn leaves, he kisses my forehead. “Love you. I’ll see you soon, okay?” I nod at him, holding back the tears in my eyes. He leaves the room and all is silent. I sit on the comfy couch and look out of the small window. The beautiful ocean stares back at me. I’ll miss the deep waters, the warm sand. I just wish my dad and I were able to go on more fishing trips.

About five minutes pass when I hear the door creak open. I watch as my boyfriend, Adrian, walks in. I run into his comforting arms. “I’ll miss you so much, Bay.” I hear him say. He’s trying to stay strong, but I can see some tears escaping his eyes. We both sit on the couch and he tells me, “You need to win. You will, I know you’ll win.” “B-but that other guy, Alamar, he’s a career. He’ll kill me anytime he’d have the chance to.” “Then try to warm up to him. Get him to know you. That way if he has a chance to kill you, he’ll feel bad and won’t.” “But careers are cold-blooded killers. He’ll kill me whether he knows me or not.” “Show him you’re not worth killing. Show him what you can do with that trident. Who knows? Maybe they’ll even let you be in the career pack.” “I don’t want to be in the career pack! I don’t want to be forced to kill innocent people. I don’t want to do this. I’d rather die than kill an innocent person.” “Bay, you may not have a choice.” He stares at me with a serious face. I get lost in is bright blue eyes. I look away. The Peacekeeper walks in and says, “Time’s up.” I hug Adrian, tears flooding my face. He kisses me. “I love you,” he whispers to me. “I love you too.” I whisper back. “Hurry up,” the Peacekeepers break our moment. Adrian looks at me one last time and lets go of my hand. He walks out with no other word.

Did you like? Comment, vote, follow!!! Love ya'll !!!

-Crystal