Adjusting

Vanessa

The mansion was exactly how it was a month ago. It looked much larger on the inside than before and I got a full tour this time. Gabriel had a meeting to go to a few hours into the morning so he wasn't next to me when I woke up, but the familiar feeling of needing to puke was. I ran to the bathroom and emptied my stomach. Oh, the joys of carrying a child! A knock at the door pulled me out of my thoughts. 

"Are you alright miss?" A feminine voice came from the other side of the door. It was the head maid, Edna. 

"I'm fine, Edna, thank you."

"Is there anything specific you want for breakfast this morning?Julio could whip it up for you."

I thought about it and was now distracted with hunger. "Maybe some pancakes and bacon with maple syrup poured just all over it with some sausage and eggs."

"Anything else?"

"Hash browns and milk."

"Alright I'll tell him," She chuckled.

"Thank you."

I brushed my teeth and returned to bed, a present on the night stand catching my eye. It had white wrapping paper with a red bow on the top. An envelope was placed next to it with my name written in Gabriel's masculine handwriting. I opened the envelope, taking out the letter, and reading it.

Vanessa,

I'm so glad you have decided to come live with me. I know that it is strange to be in such a different environment, but luxury is something that you'll get used to because I plan to spoil both of you. Nothing makes me happier than thinking about how you're the mother of my child and heir to my fortune. Whether you know it or not, you are very important, Vanessa. I have decided to take the liberty of updating everything in your life. You no longer have to work because I will provide all the money you could possibly desire, I have bought all new cloths, specific to your style, I hope they are to your liking, and in this box is a brand new IPhone and wallet with three credit cards. Spend as much as you want, my darling. We will never run out of money. I have contacted the best doctors and we have an appointment on Monday to see them. Only the best for my babies.Enjoy this, mio angelo. It's your's forever.

Love, 

Gabriel

I sighed and hugged the note to my chest. He was the sweetest. I opened the box and was greeted with my new phone, surprised that it had all my contacts in it. I wasted no time in running to the walk in closet, gasping at the rows of cloths all for me. I picked out jeans and a t-shirt with my favorite band, Panic! At The Disco, logo on it. I walked down the stairs, greeted by the smell of my specially made breakfast. 

"Sit down, dear, I'll bring it out to you," Edna said, smiling brightly at me.

"Ok. Thank you." A few minutes later, three plates were set in front of me and within a few seconds were emptied. I got up and thanked Julio for my breakfast, walking to the library to find a book to read. I was laying on the chaise in the middle of the perfect book when I felt someone's lips on my cheek. I knew immediately who it was. "Gabriel." 

"Angelo. Good book?"

"Very," I nodded, putting my book down. "How was work?"

He sighed. "Boring and stressful. How long have you been in here?" 

"A little after ten. Edna already brought me lunch."

"That's good,"He said, sitting on the edge of the chaise. "What did you have for breakfast?"

"I had some pancakes and bacon with maple syrup with some sausage, eggs and hash browns. And milk."

"Wow," He chuckled.

"We were hungry," I shrugged. 

"Indeed. Julio must have had the time of his life preparing all that."

"What did you have?"

"I don't eat breakfast."

I gasped. "That is the most important meal of the day! You have to eat it."

"I don't."

"Well, you will now," I demanded.

"Okay, okay," He said, putting his hands up. "For you."

I grinned. Would he do anything for me?

That's it for this chapter! I hope you beauties liked it. I'm not really sure when I'll update next actually😂