His Angel

This beautiful cover by @Mytical_Me

Last chapter...

Vanessa

"Luciano! Get back here!"

"Noooo!"

"Luciano come here, now. Maria wasn't this fussy!"

"Dats cuz she a giiirl!"

"Luciano," I said in a threatening tone. "Don't make me call papa."

"Papa wouldn't make me take a bath!"

That was probably true, actually. "Come here now." Luciano's head appeared in the doorway of the bathroom and I struck like a viper, grabbing him and locking the bathroom door.

"Noooo! Papa!"

"Papa is at work and wouldn't like coming home to a stinky boy." He huffed, but finally complied to my efforts of giving him a bath. "Now that wasn't so bad, was it."

"I hate bath time."

"Oh, stop it and get ready for bed."

"Okay."

Despite him arguing with me Luciano always ends up doing what he's told. It was when I heard Maria's voice shout, "Papa!" I knew Gabriel was home. I walked down the stairs to see the two hugging each other.

"Maria, my sweet," He kissed her forehead. "Isn't it past your bedtime?"

"Mama won't know..."

"Mama already knows," I laughed.

"Papa!" Luciano runs past me to his father, wrapping his arms around his neck.

"You two need to go to bed. It's way past your bedtimes."

"Okay,"they both said, racing each other up stairs.

"They always do what you say," I laugh. "You should spend more time here."

"You know I'm trying, mio angelo."

"Yeah," I sighed as he kissed my cheek. "It's past your bedtime too."

"Yes, ma'am."

I laughed and followed him up the stairs to our bedroom. I got settled while he took a shower. I knew what my plan was and I chuckled, thinking of what he would say. I pulled my book out and started reading. It was part of the plan, but I really needed to read it. Gabriel stepped out of the bathroom a while later, getting into bed and kissing my cheek.

"What are you reading?"

"It's like a guide I guess."

"About what?"

"How to carry a healthy baby."

"You already had the twins why would you need that?" I raised my eyebrows at him and he gasps.

"Are you serious?!"

"Mhm."

"No way!"

"Way," I smiled.

He bounced up and down on the bed like a child. "This is the best day!"

I giggled as he kissed all over me. He was truly amazing. He was my Mafia Boss And I was His Angel