Strangers

Gabriel

I was so stupid! How could I say that to her?! That night I tossed and turned until I finally decided that I couldn't sleep without her. I had gotten used to the feel of her warm body against mine and how I would rest my hand over her belly, protecting our baby and silently giving my oath to her. I hadn't felt this way in so long. I got up and searched around the house, hoping she wasn't still on the couch. 

We had woken up late today and I hadn't seen her since I left her in the living area. I peaked over the couch with a sigh of relief that she wasn't there. There were so many guest rooms and I didn't feel like looking through them all, but I had to find her. 

Looking over at the clock I sighed. It was two in the morning.  

It took an hour to find her and she was in none other then her favorite room. The library. With a romance novel resting on her stomach, she was laying on the chaise asleep. I didn't want to risk waking her so I just grabbed a blanket from the nearby couch  and placed it over body. 

I got down on the carpet and reached my hand up, placing it on our baby's home. I would protect them. It took a while, but I finally felt the familiar drowsiness and sleep come over me. 

Vanessa

After he had gotten out his frustration and I mine, I went to the library. I wasn't sure how long I stayed there until Edna appeared and asked if I wanted her to bring me lunch. 

"Is Julio here?"

"He is indeed," she smiled. 

"Can he make me two burritos and five grilled cheese sandwiches with extra cheese and a bowl full of bacon with an omelet?" 

She chuckled. "Of course, dear. Would you like me to bring it to you?"

"No I'll go to the kitchen. I need to stretch my legs anyway." It took me a little while to get up from where I was sitting just because well, I'm fat now and extremely stiff. Stretching my back, I made my way down the stairs and took in a deep breath. 

As soon as the sandwiches were done I ate them. One after another until he made my burritos that I also ate. I was finally full at seven burritos and ten grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm sure that Julio was tired of food by that point. I made my way to the living room, wanting to turn on the T.V when I found that the remotes were missing. Gabriel. He didn't want me watching the television because of this morning. I scoffed and crossed my arms I couldn't believe this! He was being such a...a jerk! All I did was turn on the T.V and he goes nuts! I didn't even do anything! I found tears on my face again and I wiped them away. I huffed and made my way to the game room, but everything seem uninteresting now that I knew Gabriel wasn't going to play with me.

Normally he would work from home, but Edna had said he left for work shortly after our outburst. Well, she didn't put it like that, but that's basically it. I walked around and finally decided to just go back to the library. I read and took a few naps, eating dinner at seven. He still wasn't home and I got worried. Would we be like strangers now? Living in the same house, but never really seeing each other. What would happen when the baby was born? All these thoughts swirled in my mind as I laid there, unmoving. I sighed and tried to relax, feeling sleep over take me. 

I woke up and looked at the clock. Four in the morning. I tried to settle down, but felt something on my stomach. I looked down to see a hand resting my my belly followed an arm and as I looked farther I saw Gabriel laying on the floor. It was his arm on me. I sat up, causing him to stir and groan.

"Gabriel," I whispered. "What are you doing here?"

"Couldn't sleep," he muttered. 

I got up and tugged on his arm. "Let's go to bed."

He got up and lifelessly followed me, flopping down on the bed and cuddling in to my body. He was so cute sometimes. I ran my fingers through his hair as his soft snores filled the room. 

Maybe we wouldn't be strangers after all.

Two updates in one day?! NO WAY!!! I'm on fire, loves