Chapter Twelve

Harry's POV - Munich Stags Weekend

Lou, Nialler, Payno, Sandy, Josh, Dan, Julian, Grimmy, James, Tom , Jeff,  Robin and Dad.   My rag tag bunch of misfit mates and family.    Oktober Fest. I was in for a messy weekend. Lucky I had a couple of weeks to get myself right for the wedding.  Lou had decided that this was going to be the place to be, god knows why, I didn't even drink  beer but I could see his point as Munich had a cool vibe.  We'd been on tour there several times but never really had time to stop and enjoy it.  We had been lucky enough to get the private jet - thanks to Lou sweet talking the powers that be.  I couldn't really be arsed having to deal with paps at Heathrow.  Luckily we all managed to get through customs with a minimum of fuss. 

It's a short flight from Heathrow to Munich only an hour 50.  Before we know it the planes on the tarmac and we are off on our mission.  I didn't quite know what was in store for me and it was probably a good thing because if I did I probably wouldn't have even boarded the jet.  I was hoping that the lads didn't have anything too messy planned as I wanted to keep my wits about me.  I didn't fancy getting too wrecked.  My grabbed my phone from my bag to message my girl to let her know we had arrived safely and looked down to see she had sent me a picture message.  It was a photo of Mum & Gemmy looking pretty pissed with the caption "What am I marrying into Styles"???  

I had to laugh as I knew that Sangria made Mum and Gemmy extremely "merry".  I sent a quick message back saying "to watch them and good luck".  I got kisses back.  My beautiful girl, carrying our little dot in her tummy, I was the luckiest man in the world.  I missed her suddenly and wished she was with me, I wanted to protect her, make sure she was ok, look after her.  I would be seeing her on Monday but it seemed so far away.  God I sounded whipped.  I had no chill at all - but didn't care.  She was my light, my everything, my home. 

"Come on lad, we've got to get going, cars here".  Louis grabbed my hand and dragged me to the cars he had organised.  Even though I wasn't represented by Modest anymore Lou and Nialler were.  I recognised the familiar black Mercedes and Piet our driver.  "Harry man, congratulations, you finally found the right one yes"? I laughed to myself.  "Hey Piet, yip, found the love of my life, she's beautiful".  "Fuck H, none of that bloody soppy bullshit now", Nialler making vomiting noises in my ear.  "Aww you're just jealous Nialler aren't ya".  I couldn't help give my best mate shit.  "Pfft, you can keep ya bloody lovey shite mate, I'm here to drink and have a bloody good time, come on Haz, here's to some good craic aye!  He pulled out a hip flask from his bag and took a swig and handed it to me.  I passed it round to the rest of the lads.  The warm liquid down my throat was good.  You could always guarantee on Nialler to get the party going.  Lou then pulled out a bottle of my favourite Tequila from his bag and a pack of plastic shot glasses. We each took a cup and passed it on.  I had to hand it to him he certainly was organised.  

"Right lads, here are the rules, our Harold is not to have an empty vessel at any time.  If you see his hands without a glass, put one in it and fill it up.  I'm going to start".  H, fucking love you and glad you've found someone to put up with your shit, here's to you and your beautiful Sez, now lets get fucked up!"  We all downed our drinks and mine was immediately full again.  I downed the shot and was promptly filled again.  As long as I had a full glass I was fine.  I decided to just hold this one for a bit as I was feeling a bit light headed from the flight and breakfast had been a while ago 

The Mandarin Oriental in Munich was our home for the next couple of days. It was a favourite of ours as we used to stay here whilst we were on tour.  We knew the staff there really well and nothing was a problem.  Our suites were adjoining so we had the run of three rooms.  It was good to be back with the lads again, felt like old times.  Lou had mentioned that he had been in touch with Zayn but he was extremely distant and didn't really want to know anything about the weekend.  Since his departure from us and his subsequent album and autobiography release things had certainly changed.  I had messaged him sending congratulations and had called a couple of times but it wasn't the same. If I was honest it bloody hurt but there was no use in getting all down about it.