Chapter 25

It's been a week since Uncle Xavier and I came up with a plan

It's been a week since Uncle Xavier and I came up with a plan. Austen and I are closer now, we're more friendly than flirty, and I have no idea why.

I miss his gaze and his touch. I miss him. He's sitting on his bed with my laptop, and even though he's here with me, I want more of him. My heart clenches inside my chest whenever I think about him. I know that I shouldn't really be worrying about being in a relationship right now, but I can't help it.

When I look into his eyes, my heart drops into my stomach. When he speaks to me, his voice low and seductive, my body calls for him. When I'm scared, I want to stop wasting time and jump into his arms.

"Aus, I'm going to leave if you don't give me back my laptop."

Even right now, while we're just sitting and joking around together, I want him to hold me and kiss me. He pouts and looks at me with adorable puppy dog eyes.

"I just wanted to help my girl get the pathetic teenage girls off of her back. What do you find fun about answering these questions anyway?" He raises his hands in defeat.

I smile and my heartbeat quickens. He just called me his girl. I'm his girl. Giggling, I watch him as he gets off his bed and smirks. He stalks towards me, his feet hitting the wooden floor as he makes his way to the desk chair I'm sitting on.

"I'm your girl now?" I ask, crossing my arms against my chest. I try to make my voice sound incredulous and bored, but you can hear the pathetic hope in it.

He glares at me. A passionate and alluring fire burning beneath the depths of his gorgeous brown eyes. He bends down to meet my eyes.

"You have been mine since the very first day I met you, little Sel." He hisses. "The first day that I laid my eyes on you; the first moment you spoke to me, you've been mine. You have always been on my mind and I know I've been on yours. You. Are. My. Girl. You always have been. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise."

"Don't be all condescending, Aus. I haven't always been your girl. You got around while I was free and single. You didn't even notice me until you wanted your sister to be with your best friend. You only seemed interested when you needed me."

He holds my face in his hands and looks at me, eyes wide, looking like he wants to shake me.

"Says who?! Says who Seline?! I've been with other girls, sure, you're right but I haven't been with a lot. And don't you dare tell me I haven't noticed you before we talked because I swear to you I have! Think about it, little Sel. How the hell did I even know who to go to to help me with my sister? I don't have people that I talk to in school, most people are afraid of me. I don't listen to gossip or rumors, and I have no idea who anyone is at that school besides Corbin and Lissa anyway. But I knew your name, and I knew where your locker was. Seline Winters, I knew you! The Christian girl in the classroom who only talks to people when they want advice. The girl with such a big heart and no one to share it with. I noticed you Ms. Perfect, I did. I just stayed away."