Meanwhile

Meanwhile, in North Pole, Jack heard a knock on his door. It's honestly almost a hundredth time for today, but now, "Come..." He managed to let the knocker in.

"Jack." It's North. North was like a father for him.

Jack had his hood over his head and was facing the window, with a mispressed feeling (miserable and depressed).

He bit his lip and turned around, looking up to the big man. "North, Inferno--"

"I know she's the reason, Jack. But please tell me clearly what happened." North stated, his big hand on his shoulder.

"...Penelope returned... and she took Inferno with her..." every word he states, he turned paler and weaker.

"Penelope... Black...? Your ex-girlfriend whose Pitch's daughter? That Penelope?" North asked in disbelief, since he haven't seen the dark girl ever since he and the other guardians let Jack ditch her. "What does she wants from her?"

"She wants to take her powers." Jack himself knew he's too weak to speak and do everything, so he just muttered under his breath.

North just nodded and looked outside the window, seeing a strong flow of snow. He knew that his 'son' expresses his feelings by his given powers.

He physically feel weak, and emotionally... he feels miserable. That thought made North sigh.

"Jack..." He convinced the winter guy to look up to him. "You must go save her."

"but... she favored me NOT to mind about her, NOT to save her, and NOT to think of her, because that would make me worry sick." He said, mentally surprised that he can speak that long though he's numb.

"Did you promised?" North asked him, raising a brow.

Jack just looked up to him. He does have a point. He looked down and shook his head. "I was about to."

North sat beside him on his bed. "Jack, we all have definitions for love. But what clearly... uhh... caught my attention is... what is again?"

Jack chuckled a bit because of North's forgetfulness. "I remember that... When you love someone... you must fight for it, because that's the major proof on how will you show your love toward... her... so if I were you, I would... uhh... go out there and save Inferno like a knight in shining armor."

Jack looked behind North, seeing an elf stealing cookies. "...or chase that elf who's trying to take your cookies."

"Yeah, that's goo-- WAIT WHAT!?" North turned around and saw the elf Jack just saw.

"OH, YOU'RE NOT GOING EVERYWHERE!!" He stood up and ran through it, leaving Jack smiling a bit.

He never smiled ever since he got back without you. Not even little.