Jack's PoV

Remember the chapter "unstable" in Frost and Flame (Book 1)? The part when You accidentally confessed to Jack that you like him?

That's your Point of View, right?

Lemme give you a sneek peak about Jack's Point of View in that Chapter.

---

Jack's PoV

"What's wrong about that? I mean, our powers were just the unstable, so... no biggies, right?" I said, which is true. I mean, our powers doesn't matter nor related to our relationship.

Fire. Ice. They're damn different, and I know it. So what!?

Then when I took a look at her eyes, unlike before, they're already... Watery?

What's going on? What's wrong?

"NO! SHE'S RIGHT ABOUT IT. WE'RE UNSTABLE TO EACH OTHER, EVEN THO I LIKE YOU!!" She suddenly shouted.

Did she... D-did she just... Confessed?

She likes me?

I felt my pale cheeks heat up slightly. I don't know what to do. What now?

After she realized what she just said, which was lately, she quickly covered her mouth.

I don't know why, but I wanna hear her again, saying that she likes me, so...

"Y-you like me?" I slowly asked, building a nice brick wall of Hope.

I was ready to tell her that I like her too, to confess, but she broke my "wall of Hope" with her "Wrecking ball of Denial".

"No."

Tsk tsk tsk. Better clean your funny ears next time.

But swear, I heard she said she likes me.

My brain got washed by confusion and... Disappointment...

Straightforwardly, I'm broken by her answer, and I can see she notices it, because she excused herself.

"I better go..." She flew up the sky, and I think she'll be going back to the workshop. She left me speechless and broken.

I just sat here on the red brick roof, not caring how its details (of the roof) hurt my ass, waiting her to disappear from my sight.

I stared up the moon, followed by a sigh. "what now, Manny?" I muttered like a crazy dude talking to a manequin.

I groaned. "Ugh! Girls are confusing! I never understand girls' gestures! Immortal or not, they're just the same!" I paused when I realized that I'm already shouting at the moon.

Why Am I even talking to this... Round dude, anyway?

I forced a laugh about my thought, as I wiped something under my eye.

Is this... a tear?

I never cried for years, till now.

"Jack." as I heard someone called my name, I eagerly turned to see who it is.

Ohh... Just Penelope. My eagerness lost when I realized who the person is, as I turned my attention back to the moon.

"Ignoring me won't solve anything." she added, sitting beside me. I recoiled with disgust. "you like her, right?"

I took my opportunity to look at her, to see her expression. I can tell she's damn jealous but hid it with a grin.

"Yeah, but..." I managed to speak out, but paused, because I don't know what to say next.

"but?" she patiently asked. What's with this girl? I just looked away. Maybe she could have a hint that I'm speechless.

"You know, I can help you with that." She said, caressing my back. "We're both girls, so we can understand each other. And I'm pretty sure all she need is easy."

"E-easy?" I asked, still looking away.

"Yeah, and I can help you with it." she repeated what she said before.

She took out something from her pocket. A piece of... Black pill? I rose a brow and stared at her with a weird look.

"Drink this, If you're sick of this feeling, If you wanna forget your feelings for her." she stated.

I hesitantly took it to my hand as I thought for a moment.

Will I—

no!

Why?

Why!? Your ex gives you a damn pill to forget your feelings for Inferno! Doesn't that sound suspicious to you?

A little.

Whatever. It's up to you, anyway.

I sighed and quickly swallowed the pill down my throat.

It feels like I swallowed a piece of charcoal.

Then, I felt something explode in my chest. I clutched my chest part, and glanced at Penelope. "what did you put in this thing?"

she shrugged, grinning. "Maybe something to take your soul."

My eyes widened. "w-wha—"

I told you!

You should have no trusted her.

Idiot, Jack.

My thoughts scolded me, like a mother.

(Author's Note: I miss having a mother😔)

I was about to speak out, but darkness fill in to me.

---

How is it? Then, after that, Penelope took Jack's soul. That's all. Hee hee hee sorry for a sucky Point of View of Jack.