chapter 7

Grace's pov

"Because... I want to activate your happy hormones. And science says : Eating chocolates is an effective way to do so." I said, smiling all the way.

"This, this conversation right here makes no sense to me, not even a bit. I mean WHY THE HELL  WOULD YOU WANT TO ACTIVATE MY HAPPY HORMONES?" He said shouting, and by looking at him anybody could tell that he was beyond frustrated now.

Be strong grace, remember you still have your woman card.

"So that others can be happy. I mean, you are the boss here and they say: "Happy boss, happy employees". ( I don't know if they really say it or not). So if you would be happy, then that means you would be less angry and more appreciating. And it would also bring bonus to your employees. Which would make then happy. So look, your alone happiness can bring happiness to so many other people. And you know, if the employees are happy then they will also keep their families happy. So think, how important your happiness is, it holds the power  to make 1000's of other people happy. So that's why this chocolate." At this point, I was really really scared, not because he was angry, but because he simply had a blank face. Not a trace of emotions on them. And here all the worst possibilities were going around my head.

But instead, what he did brought a huge smile on my face. It was something which I least expected.

Yes! He picked the chocolate, which now I had kept on the desk, and ate it. YES MR. ANGRY BIRD ATE THE CHOCOLATE. I felt like dancing, but then, I controlled my emotions as to not embarrass myself any more than I have aldready done.

And as if this shock was not enough he added:

"Thank you Miss. Grace. And I must tell, you have a very weird logic." I chose to avoid the latter part, but what stuck me was the fact that even though he was thanking me, his face was still blank.

You'd never understand him.

Not like I need too.

"Sir, don't you think a mere "Thank you" is too less, after all, I shared my favorite chocolate with you. And just for the record, I GRACE KENNEDY NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER SHARE MY FOOD, let alone chocolate."

Please let him ask me "So what do you want in return?"

But Alas!

"Fine, I will pay you, how much do you want?"

Way to go...

"Actually the question is WHAT do I want?"

"Wha....

As natured, I cut him in between "I want you to visit an orphanage along with me, tomorrow".

Why the hell is he smirking like he just hit the nail on the head.

Please god of merciness, have some mercy on me, And let him just say a "yes".

"Fine, I will come with you, but... I  need you to do something in return".

What would it be that he wants in return?

Ask him idiot.

"What?"

"You have to accompany me for a ball".

No. No. No. No. I can't do this. Going to a ball with him means he will touch me. No.. I can't let this happen.

"Sir, this is not fair. I gave you a chocolate for which you are doing this. So you can't ask me for anything in return".

"Well Miss. Grace, I gave you this job, that counts now, doesn't it? And anyways YOU need ME to visit the orphanage with you, so you don't get to use the "fair" card". Take it or leave it?

Stupid, stupid, stupid Grace.

I took a deep breath, and with all my courage, agreed to do something which I never thought I would do, atleast not after that incident.

That incident.

No Grace no. You can't let this get to you, not now. You are way past it.

"Sir, please inform me that by what time will we leave for the orphanage tomorrow?" Saying this I left, as fast as I could.

A/N: Next will be Ace's pov. Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you.