chapter 10

Grace's pov

OH MY GOD! The hell, It's Sunday aldready.

If this would have been any other sunday, then I would probably be on cloud nine, but considering the fact that today I have to attend that stupid ball, with my stupid boss, makes me want to skip this Sunday and jump directly to next Sunday.

I mean, I don't have a problem with Mr. Ace, atleast not anymore. After the day we visited the orphanage he has been quite polite with me. He didn't even yelled at me when I was eating and talking with my colleagues during working hours.

Anyways, back to the point. At 9:00 p.m SHARP Mr.Ace is gonna be here to pick me up, and apparently it's 7:30 p.m and I have no idea what am I gonna wear for the ball. The theme is black dress for women and black tie for men. Thankfully, I have 5 black dresses, okay, I have 2 rest 3 belong to Ava, but that's the benefit of being the same size as your best friend.

Coming to Ava she told me that she will be here by 7:00 and choose a dress for me and then do all the girly stuffs. But apparently, it's 7:30 and that bitch of my best friend is not here. But I can't really be mad at her, she works as a receptionist in a hotel and the manager there, is a big time asshole. He believes in being "loyal" to your work and working hours.

What if you get late once again?

Being late is my second nature.

"Grace I am so so sorry for being late, blame that stupid manager for it, anyways lets get you looking like aa queen for your ball."

Finally.

"THAT WOULD BE GREAT."

*******

It's 8:45, and I am finally ready. With an hour of hard work, Ava has finally managed to make me look presentable for the ball.

You got dressed, not on time, but 15 minutes EARLY.

I know I deserve a Nobel prize.

Now that I am ready I am here standing at the window, waiting for a fimiliar black lambhorgini to pull in.

At sharp 9:00 I saw Mr. Ace's car pulling in, so I practically ran down to show him that his assupmtion was wrong and I am on time.

But as soon as I saw him I froze, even though I have seen him a hundred times, never before have I felt this urge... The urge to keep looking at him. And totally unlike me, for the first time I observed a guys look. He had light Hazel Brown eyes, blonde brown hair which were slight messy and a stubble beard and boy, he looked hot. He was wearing a black suit with a black tie, a black watch on his right hand. And the suit just enhanced his perfectly muscular body, not overly done though.

 And the suit just enhanced his perfectly muscular body, not overly done though

This is what I imagine Ace to look like.

"Miss. Grace, if you are done oogling me, then we have a place to be at." That asshole said with an arrogant smirk plastered on his face.

But it's true. You were actually oogling him.

I know, and that's wrong. No matter how good looking he is, I have to force myself to believe he is not.

"I could literally tell the same about you." I said with my expression matching his.

And it was true. I did see him staring at me, while I was busy staring at him.

With this we both sat in the car.

"Remember Miss. Grace, we are going to this ball just for businesses. And  as soon as the work will be done, we will leave."

"Trust me sir, that's the only reason I came along."

Within 30 minutes we reached the venue.
_______________________________

Ace's pov

I don't usually give a shit about how girls look, but I don't know why, today, I am staring at her.

Without a doubt, she is looking exceptionally beautiful with her light brown eyes, which reflected mine, medium sized brown hair, which where done in some way but it made her look beautiful. She was wearing a simple ankle length black dress. And I could see, she has done minimal make-up unlike some girls.

 And I could see, she has done minimal make-up unlike some girls

This is what I imagine Grace to look like

As soon as we entered the ball, I saw many guys gawking at her and my hand involuntarily went on her waist. She tried prying my hands off, but I didn't let ger go.

After an hour of being in this stupid party with Miss. Grace, both of us talking a little here and there, I finally got a chance to talk to Mr.Wilson.

As we were talking, I could hear Miss. Grace coughing continuously. So excusing myself for a minute, I asked Miss. Grace if she was well enough to stay here a little longer. But she said that she was not feeling very well, and would like to leave.

I told Miss.Grace to take my driver and car, so that I am sure that she reaches her apartment safely.

And to my utter surprise, she silently obeyed. I guess, she is more sick than I thought.

I again got engrossed talking to Mr.Wilson, when I heard my phone ringing. It was an unknown number so I decided to ignore. But once again I got a call from the same number, so thinking it might be something important I picked it up.

"Hello."

"Miss. Grace.... Grace don't panick and TELL ME YOUR EXACT LOCATION?"

Hearing her so helpless is doing something to me. So without caring about anything or anyone I shouted on the phone.

"OKAY GRACE, NOW TELL ME IS THERE ANY SORT OF A GRAFFITI THERE?"

"WHAT IS THE GRAFFITI?"

Now I knew exactly where I had to go, so I borrowed one of my business partners car and ran, without thinking about anything but Miss. Grace, who is in danger.

"Miss Grace, just keep talking okay, please don't cut the phone. And don't worry, I promise nothing will happen to you, I will be there in 5 minutes."

Before she could reply, the line went dead.

A/N: I don't know if you guys really liked this chapter, but major plot twists in the upcoming chapters.