Chapter Sixteen

Kia's POV

"Say it. Say your mine." He demands.

I was trying to find my voice but all I could focus on was trying to breathe.

"Say it!" He growls.

"I'm yours." I found myself saying and I was able to breathe again.

"Say it again." He trails his lips down my neck.

"I'm yours." I whisper shakily and shiver as he kisses my jaw.

"You, Angel, are never leaving my side." He says, his voice full of lust.

My body trembles under his touch and I feel desire slithering inside me.

His voice was like silk and his touch set me on fire.

"Hm." Is all I say.

I wanted to tell him, no. That I couldn't and my brother would be wondering where I was but I couldn't. He was a distraction that enabled me from saying something like that.

My body had a mid of its own and turned around so our chests were touching. His hands worked their way down to my hips and his lips were slowly moving to my mouth.

"I'll never leave your side." I say unconsciously and that is what had me come back to reality.

I push away from him and he growls.

"No. I can't do this. I can't betray my people." I shake my head.

"You are mine!" He snaps and I shake my head again.

"No. I am a mermaid and you are a werewolf. It would never work out." I deny.

"I will make it work!" He argues but I still shake my head.

"No." I whisper.

He takes two steps towards me and I had no where to go since I was already pressed up against the door.

He was looking down on me with eyes black as night.

"You aren't leaving until you accept me as your mate." He growls and his hands lock on my waist and he crushes me into him.

I ignore the sparks running around on my skin and I try to get out of his grip.

"Let me go!" I snap.

"All you have to do is accept me." He says.

The thing is, I wanted to. For some reason I wanted to be with him and I wanted to be with him forever but then I'd be betraying my people.

A cough rattles past my lips and I lurch to the side. My body is crying to make the pain building inside my chest to leave.

"Angel?" I hear my mate ask with worry.

I continue coughing and blood splattered all over the floor.

My mate propped me on his desk and the door swung open as a short man walked in.

"Oh dear." He says and scurries over to me.

"She is very sick and will need to rest for quite a while. She has been out too much." The man says as he inspects me which was weird because he was only looking at me.

I had stopped coughing but my throat ached as well as my chest.

"She has been poisoned, I fear." He continues and shakes his head.

"And I don't believe there is a cure." He finishes.

Good? Not good? Please comment and let me know what you think!