Chapter Twenty

Kia's POV

"Marcello." The name left my lips, barely an audible whisper and I turned in my bed to see him standing in front of my now opened window.

He only had a pair of jeans on and his chest was chiseled to perfection. I had to hold in a gasp as I looked into his eyes.

"The Moon Goddess visited me and told me that you wanted to see me." He said, looking weary.

"If you are here to reject me then get on with it." He choked out and my heart clenched.

I tiredly lifted myself onto the floor and I stepped towards him. His face changed into a mask of hurt, waiting for my painful words but I never said them.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and he starred down into my eyes.

"Having a bond between us is dangerous but excepting it will make things extremely difficult. Our people will not like it. I do not want a mate. I have always wanted to fall in love so," I say and hesitate.

I'm ready for this

I stare back into his eyes and he was becoming more distant and col. I could feel anger and hurt washing over him in waves. He truly thought I was about to reject him.

"I'll give us a chance but we have to keep it secret." I finish and he freezes.

"What did you say?" He whispered and a small smile dances on my lips.

"I said I'll give us a chance." I repeat and he looks at me with pure joy.

"Really?" He asks and I nod.

He laughs and picks me up, swinging me around in his arms.

I hit him on his shoulder.

"Shhh, My brother will hear you!" I say and he instantly quiets down.

He sets me down and nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck.

"You don't know how much this means to me." He whispers and then lifts his face to mine.

"We will start over tonight, acting like we've never met each other." I say and I step away from him.

"I'm Kia, nice to meet you." I put my hand out and he takes it.

"Marcello. It's a pleasure to meet such a beautiful girl." He smiles and kisses the back of my hand, making me blush.

"I believe you are my mate." He tells me.

"I believe I am. So what's your rank in your pack?" I ask, acting as if I didn't know.

"I'm the Alpha." He puffs his chest out and stands straighter.

I had to hold back a laugh, not wanting to insult him but he was hilarious.

"What about you? WHat is your rank in your..." He trails off.

"We live in clans. I happen to be a royal." I tell him and his eye brows raise.

"Interesting. I was curious about how you were going to declare war on the werewolves. I didn't think about you being one of the royals. It is quite an honor." He bows and I blush again.

This will be interesting

Hey guys, I'll admit it, I have serious
writers block so please, if you have any, share your ideas! Thank you guys so much for reading!