Chapter Twenty-Seven

Kia's POV

I walked quietly behind Marcello as he led me downstairs. I trembled a bit, scared that another one of his pack members were going to jump out and attack me.

Marcello turned and looked at me in concern.

"Angel, if you're scared we can do this another time." He said, reaching up and brushing my cheek with his hand and I shook my head.

"No, I need to do this." I whispered.

I stumbled a little when we started walking but since I was holding onto Marcello's arm, he caught me and kept me from falling flat on my face. As soon as we entered the living room growls chorused all around me.

Eyes snapped to me, black like endless pits. Teeth were barred, faces scrunched in hate and loathing.

I wanted to hide behind Marcello but I refused to look weak in front of these wolves. Marcello growled back, dominating theirs. They went silent and bowed their heads in respect.

"Show respect to your Luna." Marcello bristled through clenched teeth and his hand found mine.

Most of the wolves looked surprised and bowed their heads deeper but the rest held reluctance and anger as they bowed.

"Please, rise. I know this must be as awkward for you as itis for me and I am terribly sorry that we have all been treating other with disrespect. My mother once thought that we could be allies and the Moon Goddess appears to agree. I know this might be hard for you and a little too early since we just met but I need your help, the Moon Goddess needs your help. If we don't band together and defeat the oncoming war, the world will die and havoc will spread." I spoke and snarls filled the room.

"You know nothing about our Goddess, you keep your mouth shut! I don't care if you're the Alpha's mate, you will never understand."Someone shouted and for some reason I felt hurt by their words.

"Then keep your hearts in the depths of hell but don't complain when you start loosing loved ones. I'm trying as best as I can to stop my people from going to war with you but why should I try if you won't try?" I snapped, coughing again.

I doubled over, falling to my knees and someone fell forward in front of me.

"Luna, are you alright?" A small timid voice asked.

I wiped the blood away from my mouth and moaned, agonizing pain shooting through my body.

"Kia?" Marcello dropped down to me.

My body convulsed and more blood came up from my mouth. I splattered over the floor again and tears fell from my eyes.

"It hurts, make the pain go away." I hissed through clenched teeth.

The pain grew and I knew what I needed.

"Water. I need to be in water." I croaked.

Marcello scooped me up in his arms and started running. I shook against his chest from the pain. I felt myself gently lowered and icy water touched my skin. I screamed in agony as my body began to shift and my legs molded into a tail. The scales glistened in the sun and my breath came out in pants once the transformation was over. I realized that I was in a pool. I guess any water will work.

"You're beautiful." He murmured and I saw that there was quite a crowd around the pool.

A child jumped in the water and started laughing as he swam over to me. The mother shrieked and started calling his name, telling me to get away from me. He jumped into my arms and giggled, his eyes bright with happiness.

'Alex! Alex, come here right this minute!" His mother panicked, seeing him in my arms.

"Hello Alex." I smiled and he squealed in joy.

"Hi Luna!" He chirped and pulled on my arm.

He was a strong swimmer and I was surprised since he was no more than five years old. He tugged me over to his mother and I picked him up, handing him to her with a smile. She snatched him up and pulled him behind her. His head poked out from her side and he smiled back at me.

"This is my mother!" He said with glee and I laughed.

"What is your mother's name, Alex?" I asked him.

"Amber." He replied.

"Amber, it is a pleasure to meet you and your son. May you have a bright future ahead of you." I spoke and her anger turned to sadness and she burst into tears and growls sounded throught the air.

"There will never be happiness in our future. My mate is dead because of your kind.' She snarled through her whimpers.

"Then we have something in common. One of our loved ones is gone." I spoke with sadness.

"Leave me and my child alone." She whispered harshly and walked off with Alex in toe.

I watched them leave, a spot in my heart opening for them both. She was grieving and I understood what she was going through. It was hard to loose someone you loved, especially if it was your other half. I glanced over at Marcello who was chatting with a pack member and even though I don't really know him, I'd hate to loose him. I'll talk to her a little later when she's calmed down.