Chapter Twenty-Four

Kia's POV

It's been several days and I've yet to see Marcello. I went to the Packhouse but nearly got killed so I'm back in my room, recovering from a very nasty bite on my leg.

"Kia, you aren't to going out anymore by yourself. You have to have dad or I with you at all times." Stark said, changing the bandage on my lower thigh.

I winced and clamped my teeth together from screaming.

"I'm not a little girl anymore, Stark. I can handle getting hurt. I got away without getting killed." I protested through gritted teeth.

His jaw was set as he stopped what he was doing and raised his head.

"You're not going out alone and that's final." He snapped.

"Why? Can't you understand that not all werewolves are bad? Can you please call off the war?" I begged and he snorted.

"They've drugged you again haven't they?" He asked and I kicked him in the stomach with my good leg.

"Get out." I hissed and he growled.

"One day, Kia, you're going to be in danger and I won't be there to save you." He snarled and stomped out.

"Good, because I won't need you! I'm just as capable as you of keeping myself safe!" I yelled at him and he slammed my door shut.

I threw my pillow at the door, feeling rage and pain coursing through me.

"I can't do this! I can't stop it!" I scream up at the ceiling with my hands in the air.

A lone tear leaves my eye a rolls down my cheek.

"I can't. My family's falling apart." I sunk down into my bed.

I closed my eyes, tightly.

I sucked in a sharp breath when there was a small tap on my window.

I opened my eyes and saw Marcello.

Go, go to him.

Trance-like, I limped to the window, nearly collapsing and hurriedly opened the window. Marcello jumped in and caught me before I hit the floor.

"I'll kill whoever did this to you." He promised as he laid me gently on the bed.

"It's nothing, I'll heal." I wave him off and sweat poured down my face at the amount of energy I put into keeping my screams of agony at bay.

"I can't stay here anymore." I whispered softly to him.

"What do you mean?" He asked, concern etched across his face.

"I mean my brother and I are fighting, and my father his head-set on destroying your kind. They won't budge." I shook my head.

"My brother even had the audacity to joke that I'd been drugged again by your kind." I sobbed and he wrapped me into his arms.

"Hey, hey, hey, shhh." He soothes, rubbing my back.

"I don't want to stay here. I don't feel safe anymore. Take me to your place." I begged, clinging to him as if he'd disappear any second.

"Alright, but we'll want to move now so you'll be long gone before morning." He agreed and I hugged him tightly.

"Thank you." I gave him a small smile as I wiped my tears away.

A/N: Yay! I finally updated! Thank you all for reading! Thanks to Cayden Bissondale, you guys get another chapter. She saved me from my writers block!