Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

"Gene," my mother’s voice echoed up the stairs and into my ears, "Harry is here."

It had been two weeks since I had ran out of class crying and ended up kissing Harry in my bedroom lulled by the sweet sound of Ed Sheeran's voice. And every day since then Harry had walked me proudly through the halls our hands intertwined together, a confident smirk on his face anytime someone glanced our way. My mother had reluctantly come to terms with Harry and I going to homecoming together and even helped me pick out a dress.

And here I was, standing in front of my bathroom mirror staring at a made up, dressed up version of myself. Taking a deep breath I did one final glance over my attire, my long brown hair was pulled to one side and curled so the large ringlets fell perfectly over my bare chest that was adorned with a small teardrop diamond necklace. My deep brown eyes were outlined ever so subtly with black eye liner and my lips wore just a tinge of gloss.  My dress was deep blue, and flowed loosely over me. The sweetheart neckline with bejeweled center made my thin figure more noticeable

Turning away from the mirror I pulled open the bathroom door and peaked my head out. My mother and Harry were both seated at the dining room table. Harry was nearly completely blocked by my mother but a tuff of his curly brown hair poked out from behind her.

Gathering up whatever confidence I could muster I pulled the bathroom door wide open and stepped out. Standing at the top of the stairs I gently coughed to get both my other and Harry's attention. The moment I did Harry was on his feet.

"Genevieve," he stammered his hand going to cover his mouth.

Placing my hand in the railing I began my decent to the where my mother and Harry stood. My mother was first to meet me, her green eyes welling with tears.

"You look so beautiful," she spoke as she grasped my hand for a moment.

I was next met by Harry. Silently he walked towards me, as we neared each other he let a smile crawl across his face. Harry wore a black jacket and a plain white shirt with the top few buttons open to show the edge of his tattoo. His hair was tamer than usual as it was gelled up in a perfect quaff.

“Genevieve,” his whispered his lips brushing against my forehead, “my beautiful Genevieve.”

Harry’s arms wrapped tight around me so I was pressed fully against him. I could hear my mother stifling tears as Harry and I stood in our embrace.

Pushing myself off of him slightly I raised my hands to sign, “You look handsome Harry.”

I could see him blush as he watched my hands closely interpreting the signs. Harry reached out slowly and took hold of my hand that was hanging loose at my side. Our fingers intertwined and once again I was completely consumed by the electricity of his touch.

“This is for you,” he smiled and pulled a small white box off the counter and opened it.

Inside was a corsage with a single white rose in the center. Harry slowly pulled the bracelet out and set the box back on the counter. He lifted my hand and untangled our fingers slowly so he could place the bracelet on my wrist. After he did he cupped my hand in his and lifted it to his lips placing a gentle kiss on it.

“My lady, your carriage awaits,” He spoke lowering my hand.

I couldn’t help but let out a bright smile as I followed him to the front door. I could hear my mother following close behind us but right now I was completely enthralled with the boy standing next to me. My mother’s hand placed cautiously on my shoulder as I reached for my black cardigan.