Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"Genevieve," Mr. Frank reluctantly called towards me as I entered my last hour English class.

Looking up I watched his large body meander is way towards me; each of his steps was labored and unenthusiastic. His eyes looked so much more tired than it yesterday. I could tell by the drained look on his face that this conversation was not of his choosing. He was being forced to speak to me.

"I would like you apologize for yesterday," he sighed deeply his voice monotone. "I was out of line and should have read the email that was sent to me."

I nodded slowly letting a fake, but required smile spread across my face.  

Mr. Frank paused for a moment examining my face then spoke once again in a monotone voice, "alright, I hope we can continue on this semester without any other disruptions."

I, again, gave a face smile. This time I slowly lifted my right hand and gave him a weak  thumbs up. Mr. Frank nodded and turned his back to me making his way back to his desk on the far side of the classroom.

Students continued to file in, their voices echoing loudly as they entered the confined room. I made my way gradually to the back of the room and set my body down into the desk I had yesterday. I would have loved to be in the far back corner, but Harry had claimed that seat, leaving only one desk open. The one right next to him, I had no other choice than to take that seat and claim it as my own.

I wasn't looking forward to seeing Harry in this class. He was becoming kind of a nuisance. Lunch had put me over the edge. What gave him the right to taunt me about my lack of friendship and then make himself completely present in every part of my life here at this school? He was cocky and I wanted nothing to do with him. I would rather be completely friendless than deal with a jerk like Harry Styles.

The constant drone of voices was a constant as I pulled out one of the many binders in my backpack. I didn't care if the kids in this class thought I was a schoolie because I was getting ready before the bell even rang. That was there opinion to build, but when it came to English was I was always ready.

English was the only subject I truly enjoyed in school. I could speak through my written words. It was the only class where I didn't need a voice to have my opinion heard. I could express myself to everyone, no matter what they spoke and I was good at it. I was good at getting my point across when it came to essays and even better when I was given the opportunity to be creative.

Being silent I had taken to seeing the world in a whole new manner. People were so different when you studied them longer than the split second it took to glance past them and I loved nothing more than crafting a character around what I witnessed.

I pulled a pen out from the front pouch of my backpack and began to scribble the date and header that was already scrawled across the chalk board. I was a neat freak when it came to my binders. If I wasn't strict with myself papers would end up everywhere. I was a mess, in more way than one.

"Well hello there beautiful," A deep voice echoed from above me.

Without looking I knew who it was, his voice was becoming yet another constant in my life. Though it was sweet and lulling it was now becoming annoying. I kept my eyes firmly on my sheet of paper that now held the header of the work we were going to do today.

Harry lowered himself into the desk beside me and his dark black boots came into view. The squeaking of the metal legs of the desk against the linoleum floor caused me to cringe but I still refused to look at him.