The Place of Pain

Deeks POV

I wander the streets, just walking aimlessly. I've been out here for hours and yet I still have no idea where to find Kensi. I was so excited to tell her, I didn't consider the fact that I had no idea where she was. I just scrape my mind for ideas, wondering if there is some place, just some place that she would go. Someplace significant, someplace familiar, someplace that reminds her of home.

I just can't find it. I've checked everywhere. I went to a couple of places. Her house from childhood, the house where we went undercover, the beach where we went surfing, her fathers grave, everywhere. I just can't find her and it's killing me.

I just keep searching my brain. I've walked around all of LA. I even checked the house grew up in, but no sign of her. I just can't...... I can't find her. There's no sign of her anywhere. I went back to my apartment and found that someone had slept in my bed, someone had made a little mess in the kitchen, and someone had taken some of my clothes. I knew it was her right away, I could tell by the tears in the pillow.

It broke my heart. I....I cried just thinking of it. Kensi, curled up in my bed, in one of my t-shirts, crying. It just........broke my heart.

"Oh my god," I whisper into the nothingness of the air around the abandoned streets surrounding me.

It hits me. The one place Kensi would go. The place that would remind her of....me. I hit myself in the forehead and drag my hand down my face. I cannot believe I didn't think of this earlier. I'm such an idiot.

I start to run towards it, towards the place I will finally find her, but quickly stop in a fit of coughing, ending up with more blood in my hands. I walk quickly towards my destination, not able to contain my excitement and nervousness of finally seeing her. I get into my car and speed down the road, going way above the speed limit because it's early in the morning and no one is out.

I finally arrive 5 minutes later and hop out of the car. I walk up and look at the building, now abandoned. I stare at it and smile, so glad I finally realized what I was forgetting. The memories come flooding back to me and I smile sadly, thinking of all that has changed. This is it. This is the place she would come. Heck, it's the place I would come.

The MMA gym.

The place we met.

The place my life changed forever.

I walk in the squeaky door and try to be as quiet as I can. I see the dusty punching bags, the dirty ring, and the rusty water fountains. I see a figure in the corner and walk over cautiously. She's slumped over, head in her knees, arms wrapped around her bent legs. It would be hard for someone else to tell, but I know. It's her.

"Kensi?" I ask, trying to keep my voice from breaking.

She looks up and gasps in surprise. I just.....I missed her. I missed seeing her every day. Her face changes into a consortium of shock.

"Deeks?" she whispers, disbelief heavy in her voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to vote and comment!!!!!!!! Even though I didn't reach my goal I felt like you guys worked hard and really helped me! Thank you guys!

Just remember to keep it up! More votes and comments really gives me the energy and motivation to write more! I'll update soon! Hope you like it!