Quite The Pair

"So this is your lab. I'm surprised you've never brought me before,"

"It's not that interesting,"

"Yes it is, you're passionate about your work and it's important to you which means it's important to me too," They smiled at each other and exchanged a quick kiss before getting on with the day.

Two Hours Later

"Hey, I'm just gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be back in a minute," Caitlin commented before leaving the lab. As she came out of the bathroom, she bumped into another woman. She had dark skin and dark hair and eyes. 

"I'm so sorry," Caitlin apologized.

"No, it's my fault I wasn't looking where I was going," the other woman said. "I don't mean to sound rude but why are you here? You're not an officer or anything,"

"Oh my boyfriend is a CSI and he's showing me his lab. It's really cool here,"

"I'm Iris, by the way, my dad's a detective here. Detective West,"

Caitlin almost screeched in panic. She recognized the name. Iris West. Barry's ex. 

"I'm actually a journalist but I'm here to win back my ex. He's a CSI too. What a coincidence,"

Wait, Iris is here to win back Barry who was now dating her. Caitlin just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

"I'm Caitlin, I should probably get back otherwise he'll get worried. It was nice meeting you. Good luck," Caitlin panicked, why would she say good luck? She didn't want Iris to get back together with Barry. Barry's her's now.

"Cait! There you are. I was starting to get worried," 

Caitlin almost screamed in panic. This would be the most awkward confrontation.

"Iris? What are you doing here?" Barry asked, grabbing Caitlin's hand for support, not realizing that would make the situation even worse.

"Well, I came back to win you back but it seems that you've moved on," Iris argued.

"You left six months ago. You can't just turn up and expect me to get back with you. I'm with Cait now and you'll just have to accept that,"

"I get that but I didn't think that you'd find someone else," Iris replied her tone softer and more understanding.

"I couldn't wait around for you anymore and I've found the love of my life and it wasn't you like I thought," 

These words made Caitlin smile, even though it may not be appropriate right now. Mostly because the person who she considered as the love of her life thought of her the same way and it just felt so amazing to be wanted and loved by someone.

"I understand, I think it's time I move on as well. You two look quite the pair," Iris smiled before leaving.

"I'm sorry, I just bumped into her and then I realized who she was and I panicked..."

"It's not your fault, come on,"