2

The rain had suddenly stopped, and it left a muddy swamp behind in the camp. I trudged through towards the all-girls dorm, but I was stopped by a masculine voice behind me yelling, "Hey!"

I took off the wet hood of my coat, and turned around to see the boy on the horse from before. He was tall for his age, had a long face, sharp hazel eyes, and ash brown hair that had a brown undercut.

He jogged through the mud to me, and I replied, confused, "Yeah?"

The boy blushed slightly, and stuttered, "I-um...Why were you waving at me? Do I know you?"

"I doubt it," I explained, crossing my arms over my chest. "My name is Sana, the only cadet from Ehrmich in Sina. Unless you're from Ehrmich too, there's absolutely no way I know you."

"Oh," the boy replied. "I'm Jean, from Trost."

He extended his hand to me, and I carefully took it. There was an awkward silence, and a cold wind ran through the camp. "I guess I'll see you later," I said, feeling the awkwardness.

"Yeah," Jean replied, removing his hand from mine.

..........

I sat in the bottom bunk I was sharing with a blonde girl named Annie, and as the other girls socialized among themselves, I worked on the letter I was writing to my parents to let them know I got to the training corps safely.

Not really paying attention to my surroundings, I was startled when I heard a monotone voice say, "I like your hair."

With a hand over my chest, I chuckled, and sat my letter down on the bed. Standing next to the bunk was a pale girl who sort of looked like me; she had thick, black hair and vaguely similar features like mine.

"Thanks," I replied smiling. "Your hair is really pretty, too. I've never seen anyone outside of Sina with hair like mine or yours."

She asked in the same voice as before, "Are you Oriental too?"

"No, I'm Arabic," I responded, sitting up straight. "I'm Sana, from Ehrmich. What's your name?"

The girl responded, "Mikasa. I'm from Shiganshina."

"Wow," I had awe in my eyes. "So you actually got to see a titan? What were they like? How tall was the Colossal really? I've heard it was over a hundred meters," I rambled, not taking into count Mikasa's feelings. Noticing how uncomfortable she was, I came to a screeching halt, and apologized, "I'm so sorry. I'm just so fascinated by the titans since my uncle was a Scout."

"Oh, my adoptive brother wants to join the Scouts," Mikasa said, sitting down on my bed next to me.

I smiled, "That's cool. I guess that I'll see him when we join."

_____________________________________________________________________

Pray for America today, guys, because we're in meltdown mode right now