10

Jean and I kissed in the alleyway, still not leaving, when a loud, Earth-shattering boom ripped through the city; both of us pulled our lips away, but Jean held me closer and tighter to his body. From our hidden position in the alley, we couldn't see what had just happened, but a deep fear enveloped us that the cause of that noise might have been the Armored Titan.

"What the hell was that?" I whispered, wriggling out of Jean's grip, but he was quick to follow me out into the streets.

Everything was silent. Cadets and Garrison members stared at the plume of smoke billowing from next to the wall. The silence was broken by panicked screams coming from the wall.

A bone-shaking chill ran down my spine in fear of the reappearance of the Armored Titan, because Wall Sina couldn't sustain all the people living within Wall Rose.

"LOOK AT THE SMOKE!" Someone in the crowd screamed, "IT GOT IN!"

Another person yelled frantically, "Did it bust down the water gate?"

"IMPOSSIBLE, IT'S THE STURDIEST PART OF THE WALL!" the screaming person replied.

Jean whispered in fear, "Not now, is that titan steam?" Reiner shot his hooks into the tallest house in front of us to get a view of what was giving off the steam, and quickly disappeared. Doing the same, I joined Reiner on top of the thatched roof. "Hey!" Jean shouted after me.

Annie, Bertolt, and Jean chased after Reiner and I as we made our way towards the source of the steam. Reiner skidded to a stop on the roof of the house closest to the steam, and he had fear written all over his face.

"What the?" I muttered, seeing the source of the steam. Lying against the wall was a half-formed Titan torso holding a cannon ball in its outstretched arm. The rest of the group stood behind Reiner and I, experiencing the same reaction.

The Garrison regiment screamed in fear, not knowing what to do, and the half-formed titan started to decompose. Emerging from the clearing smoke and dust was an unharmed Armin.

"Halt! Halt!" Captain Kitz Weilman shouted at Armin. The Garrison regiment pointed their shot-guns at Armin, and Weilman asked him, yelling, "Is this supposed to be your true form, monster? I don't buy it! I will give the signal to fire, and I mean it!"

Armin protested, yet was still calm and collected, "Eren is not a foe of humanity! We're willing to cooperate with military command and share everything we've learned about his powers!"

"Your pleas fall on deaf ears," Weilman yelled. "He revealed his true form, and because of that, he cannot leave here alive. If you insist he is not an enemy of ours, show me proof! Otherwise, we'll blast him back to wherever he crawled out of!"

Armin screamed, "You don't need any proof!" Then, he began pleading, "The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter what we perceive him to be."

The captain was confused. "What?"

"The reports say hundreds of soldiers saw him, and those who were there say they saw him fighting other titans! And that means they saw him get swarmed by the titans as well. To put it plainly, the titans saw him the same way they see each and every human being: AS THEIR PREY!" Armin fought bravely. "And it doesn't matter how else you may look at it, that is an irrefutable fact!"

Some of the soldiers started to lower their weapons, seeing Armin's point. Captain Weilman panicked, knowing that he was losing his troops, so he brashly commanded, "PREPARE TO ATTACK! DON'T LET YOURSELF BE SWEPT AWAY BY HIS CUNNING LIES. THE TITAN'S BEHAVIOR HAS ALWAYS BEEN BEYOND OUR COPREHENSION, I WOULDN'T PUT IT PAST HIM TO ASSUME HUMAN FORM. HE'S SPEAKING OUR LANGUAGE...IN AN ATTEMPT TO DECIEVE US! I REFUSE TO LET THIS CONTINUE!"

Armin stood in shock as Weilman gave the kill order. He was hopeless.

He stiffened his body so that he was be standing at attention, and pounded his right hand over his left chest. "I AM A SOLDIER, AND I HAVE DEDICATED MY HEART TO THE RESTORATION OF HUMANITY, SIR! NOTHING CAN MAKE ME PROUDER THAN DYING FOR SUCH A NOBLE CAUSE. IF WE WERE TO USE HIS TITAN ABILITY AND COMBINED IT WITH THE MAN POWER WE HAVE LEFT, I BELIEVE WE COULD DO IT. WE COULD RETAKE THIS CITY! FOR HUMANITIES GLORY, AND WHAT LITTLE TIME I HAVE LEFT TO LIVE, I WILL ADVOCATE HIS STRATEGIC VALUE!" Armin bravely screamed in Weilman's face.

"Captain Weilman," the male soldier suggested, "his words are worth considering, sir. Maybe we shoul—"

Weilman screamed in protest, "QUIET!" He slowly began to raise his right hand to give the signal. Quickly, I drew my blades, ready to protect my friends from Weilman's ignorance.

Then, skillfully landing on the ground behind Weilman were two high ranking officers from two very different factions. One was a completely bald older man with a signature, grey mustache, and the other was a was a woman with an olive complexion wearing a green headscarf.

The woman grabbed Weilman's arm before he could signal, and she harshly barked, "That's enough!"

"You should really do something about your nervous disposition, Captain Weilman," the older man chuckled, but was still deathly-serious.

The Captain turned around, in shock, and he stuttered, "Section-Commander Rehman? C-Commander Pixis?"

My mother had arrived.

____________________________________________________________________________

Section Commander Mana Rehman is a scary lady hehehe