Decisions And Consequences

Chapter 7

I began to panic. Noah wasn't breathing. I could feel my eyes water again, and I knew it wasn't the smoke causing it.

"Noah....?"

My voice cracked. I could feel the tears stream down my face. I didn't know why my heart hurt so bad. I didn't know why I felt so sad. We didn't know each other that well, but why did it feel like we've been friends for a long time?

"No! You're not allowed to die!" I scrambled up on him. I put my hands together and began putting compressions on his chest. "Come on Noah!"

I plugged his nose and opened his mouth. I put my mouth on his, breathing air into his mouth. Then began doing the compressions again. I did this over and over again. No response. I began getting hysterical.

"Dammit, you're not dead! You can't be!"

I began to pound my fists on his chest, sobbing. "I t-told you w-we wou-ld not d-die here." I sobbed on his chest.

His brown hair had ashes in it. His face also had ashes on it. I caressed his cheek, wiping off the ashes. His eyes were closed, his face looked calm. He looked peaceful. "Oh Noah, I'm sorry."

I heard the facility still burning behind me. The fire was lighting up the field we were in. I heard the sound of parts of the building collapsing. I had almost forgot about the vampire until he grabbed my shoulder.

"There is still something we can do."

I looked back at him, tears pouring out of my eyes. His eyes were kind, like he understood my pain.

"W-what?"

"We can still save him, but it has to be your decision." His voice was quiet, beautiful. I stared at him, wondering what could possibly help Noah while he was dead. Then it dawned on me.

"Y-you think we should turn him?" I asked

The vampire nodded. "I will do it, if you are not comfortable doing it." He put both of his hands on my shoulders, turning me towards him. "But this will have to be your decision." He looked down at me.

A million thoughts were running through my head. Turn Noah into a vampire? I was strongly considering it. He would live, I would have saved his life like he did for me. But I would also be damning him. He hates vampires, so being one would destroy him. Could he eventually deal with his new life as a vampire?

I bit my bottom lip and looked at the vampire. He was patiently waiting for my answer. I now concluded that I trusted Noah. He didn't deserve a death like this. He was too kind. Even if he hated me forever, he would be alive. He would only have an eternity to get over it.

"Do it." I looked at the vampire.

The vampire nodded then took off the cloth mask covering the bottom half of his face. He had full lips, the bottom half just as beautiful as the top. He was truly stunning. The vampire used his fangs as he tore into his wrist. Blood began to pour out of the wound. He opened Noah's mouth and put his wrist on it. The vampire then took Noah's wrist and bit into it, drinking his blood. After a couple gulps the vampire released Noah's wrist. He licked the wound, healing it. The vampire began using his free hand to rub Noah's throat, making sure the blood went down. He took away his bloodied wrist.

"It is done." The vampire looked up at me. "I will take responsibility for him, for he is now my protégée."

I nodded at him, feeling relieved. Noah would be fine.

"He will wake up soon. We should probably get away from this place, the humans will come soon." He got up, swooping down, only to pick up Noah gracefully. He turned, walking towards the forest.