How He Loves

Today, I've been thinking about God's love. It seems kind of abstract. What does it mean that "Jesus loves you?" Not so surprisingly, the answer is right in front of us: in the very book God wrote for us. God's love is unimaginable, unexplainable, incomprehensible. Then how are we to feel or understand it if there are no words to adequately describe it?

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So we are inseperable from God's love. How amazing is it that nothing, nothing, in this world or beyond can snatch us from our Father's hand? God has always loved us and always will. You can doubt all you want about anything else about God, but never doubt His unconditional love. Love that we never deserved. Love that He gave us. Love that He died for. But the big reason why God's love is so unexplainable is because God IS love! He created it, He conceived it, He is it! How astounding it is that no love given to us by anyone on earth can compare to the love of God. Every different kind of love we have, the love of parents, siblings, husbands and wives, is a mere sampling God has given us to show His love. How amazing it is that the ones the God of the universe loves are you and me! Let us show our love to Him in return by loving each other as He loved us.

1 John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!