New Believers

"What new followers of Jesus need is love and protection.  Before they need rules, before they need scolding or expectations that they should immediately figure out everything that the church hasn't been able to do right for the past 2000 years, they need love.  And explanations."

- LeRoy Eims

Maybe you've shared the gospel with a few people since you've become a Christian.  It can be pretty scary.  But what happens when the person says yes?  Now what?  After going through God's plan of salvation and answering a few questions, you may have become the spiritual father or mother of a new member of God's family. 

Here's a huge mistake many people make: they automatically shove all kinds of "Christian rules" that the new believer needs to start following immediately after being saved.  Since when has Jesus been all about rules?  That's one reason why He came: to show us who He is.  Love.  Paul remembered this.

1 Corinthians 13:13 - And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love.

So if you are helping a new believer along or if you have any struggling believer in your life, don't answer their cry for help with more rules... do what Jesus did, and love.  [serve, help, listen, hug, answer, or just be there]. 

We're all in this journey toward heaven together, and we need to help each other along.  No one said it was going to be easy.

Díos te bendiga.

(God bless you)

<3

I set out on a great adventure

The day my Father started leading me home

He said there's gonna be some mountains to climb

And some valleys we're gonna go through

But I had no way of knowing

Just how hard this journey could be

Cause the valleys are deeper

And the mountains are steeper than I ever would have dreamed

But I know we're gonna make it

And I know we're gonna get there soon

And I know sometimes it feels like we're going the wrong way

But its just the long way home

{Steven Curtis Chapman}