➽Chapter Six

Rashnov Shanli, head leader of all the Desert tribes

Rheynoak was approaching the entrance of the Matunga mountains when he saw the first rays of the sun break through the horizon

Rheynoak was approaching the entrance of the Matunga mountains when he saw the first rays of the sun break through the horizon. It was a slow uprise, the sky still dark and the stars traceable. He stopped near the gates where the guards stood, pulling the reins of his horse in place.

"Name and identification?" one of the guards asked, approaching him.

"RheynoakCasvionel, tribe leader of the Descendants tribe in the western kingdom" he introduced, rolling up the sleeves of his shirt to reveal the tribal mark on his wrist. They inspected it thoroughly, syncing their magic with his to confirm it was him.

Once they had received confirmation, the gates opened and they guided him towards the stairs that led to the meeting room. Rheynoak jumped from his horse, handing the reins over to the guards as they guided the creature to the nearby stables.

Adjusting his cloak against the cold breeze of the early morning, he ran up the stairs, the doors opening for him as he stepped through. The warmth of the room baked him well, his fingers unraveling the clasp around his cloak. He heard voices from down the hall as he approached the bent of a column, a door slightly opened.

Draping his cloak around his arm, he approached the door, slipping through just as the meeting started. The room was dark, only lit by candlelights that threw shadows across the shelves of books that were compiled into their shelves. It smelled of burned sage and jasmine, a fireplace crackling in the background, and the sheer curtains drawn close.

"Rheynoak, always the last to arrive."

Across from the table, RashnovShanli greeted him with a scowl on his face as he found a seat across from the head leader of all the desert tribes. His silver eyes watched him intently as he settled into his seat.

Rheynoak cleared his throat, draping his cloak over the armchair.

"I'm sorry" he muttered, nodding his head. "It won't happen again."

Rashnov hummed, nodding his head before beginning the meeting. "It's been a while since we've all reconvened and several new tribes have joined our section. Everyone, introduce yourselves again" he instructed.

"Leader Irene Amashnov of the Catanga Tribe in the Black Pyramid desert of the Kingdom of Bengsu. I'm not new but it's nice to see new faces."

Rheynoak looked to his left, locking eyes with Irene as she nodded to her fellow tribe members. They briefly made eye contact, her lips curling into a smirk before she turned away, tossing her hair aside.

Another hand shot through the air, a deep voice following after. "Leader ArsenRegbay of the Oshwin Tribe in the Red Sand Deserts of the Kingdom of Welock." He bowed his head, scratching his beard before the next leader introduced themselves.