➽Chapter Thirty

Serius was a dead kingdom of death, despair, and ashes laying in front of the SilverClaw Witch's eyes as she stood perched on one of the highest mountain peaks

Serius was a dead kingdom of death, despair, and ashes laying in front of the SilverClaw Witch's eyes as she stood perched on one of the highest mountain peaks. Her silver staff was dead in her grip, the two protruding diamond fangs sprouting from the cobra's mouth sparkling underneath the early sunlight.

Her silver dress, once sewed into an elegant piece fit for a queen was now shredded at the bottom after endless days of walking through the deep forests kingdom bared. The flesh on her arms was cut with scars that still spat blood, her gray hair matted with blood against her dry face.

Beside her on her left side stood Alysra and Roxanne, their eyes transfixed on the kingdom before them. Both of their faces were covered in smears of blood and scars, their arms bearing what they faced through in the forest.

On her right side was Ivory and Storm, who were looking out to the other mountains, their vibrant hair smeared with blood glittering underneath the sun's touch.

"Well, we made it" Yagein uttered to her top witches, her eyes still looking out over the kingdom. The river below them roared with life as endless bodies of water clashed with each other, creating waves that splashed against rocks as they continued their way forward. "Serius awaits our destruction."

"It deserves after the hell we face in those forests" Roxanne side commented, brushing her fingers through her hair. Snapped pieces of wood and leaves scraped at her fingers, a splinter cutting thinly into her skin.

Alysra rolled her eyes, folding her hands across her chest. "It's nothing compared to all the things we have faced in the years we have been alive" she hissed back at her fellow witch companion, her red eyes flickering like fire.

"Long story short, stop bitching about it" Ivory spat back at Roxanne, her wild red eyes, dropping down to scan the roaring current below. A frown pulled at Yagein's lips, listening as her top coven witches bickered about nonsense.

"I'll stop bitching when you stop butchering" the SilverClaw Witch hissed at the blue-haired witch standing to the right side of Yagein. A scoff left Ivory's lips, shaking her head as she did so.

"Are both of you done with your incredibly useless nonsense right now?" Yagein hissed at all her witches, clutching her staff in a dead ice grip between her fingers. "We are on a mission here to stop a deadly bloodline from rising to power once again" she reminded all of them, turning the staff in her hands. "I expect all of you to cooperate and work together to find who we need to find and get this over with."

Gray eyes ringed with a black charcoal ring turned over to scan the faces of her four most trusted witches out of her top twelve coven witches, a scowl on her face as she held each of their gazes. "If any of you disrupt this mission, I will throw all of you at the bottom of a river. I don't have time for idiotic comments."

A deadly silence hung in the air, the mountain wind singing past her gray straight hair that tumbled gracefully to her waist and rustled past the torn sleeves of her dress. It kissed her smooth skin and sent a chill down the queen's spine, the light feeling of what if felt like to fly once again swaying her feet.