➽Chapter Forty One

The night was still lingering around in the sky when everyone awoke, stars twinkling brightly in the endless abyss that was the heavens

Today began the two-day grueling journey back to Draco's estate, located on the more fortunate side of Serius and to say the least, not everyone was pleased.

Two days of travel meant two days where unknown creatures and thieves and strange magic lingered in the possible things that would attack them. Knowing this twisted kingdom, no one ever traveled safely.

On the bright side, there wasn't much to pack. The last stray of clothes was lazily shoved into bags and Draco had insisted that there were more clothes back in his estate so there was no need to overload. Weapons were a must and everyone carried their own, from magic to swords to bow and arrows.

All kinds of weapons were hidden on everyone's body, concealed under clothes or in mass amounts of hair or tucked safely underneath worn in gloves. Magical containers containing ingredients for spells and spellbooks were also an essential, taking up at least half the space in everyone's bag.

The rest would be protected underneath a magical spell that Castrin would cast as soon as they embarked on their journey.

There was nothing much to do except walk out the door.

Onyx Ashrevion fixed the last string of her bodice that was sewn across the waist of her peppered gray dress she had borrowed from Alesandria. Even though she had grown a bit gaunt on the Erabon Mountains, she still managed to fill out the dress quite nicely, the material hugging the curves of her waist and chest.

Her knee high black boots held knives and sharpened pins that were easy to conceal, her short hair pulled up into a curled bun that was stuffed with tiny sharpened pins. Not much of a weapon but it would do great once they landed in her hands. The elbow length gloves she wore each hid a dagger or two strapped to her skin.

Lastly, she wrapped a scarf around her neck, laced with a deadly venom very fatal to mortals and immortals and strapped her sword underneath her layered dress as a concealed weapon.

As Yongui and Castrin sorted out everyone's bags and Parcia fixed Eros's scarf and her own scarf, the Mind Siphon headed out into the hallway to see Alesandria standing next to the door that led to the dungeons with Venix. Draco and Rheynoak chatted amongst themselves, the conversation turning to a nasty turn.

"Of course, you would be the foolish one to trap SilverClaw Witches" Rheynoak hissed at Draco, grumbling more inaudible nonsense underneath his breath. "They could kill all of us if they wanted to. What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking it would be better if I kept them here than letting them go and ripping the heads off of innocent mortals that deserve to live," the Emperor said back to the tribe leader, not an ounce of impatience trickled in his voice. His gaze hardened, his lips turning into a frown. "Unlike you."