Chapter 13 . . .

Milan POV~

Today, I just want to spend time with King. Lately, I've been thinking about where I want to go in life. I'm not ready just yet to get a job. I know I want to work, and forensic science is what I love , but I just don't see it right now.

"Milan, get dressed." King said, getting out the shower.

"Ugh, King. I'm tired. I don't want to go anywhere right now."

"Milan, I'm not going to say it again, get dressed because we're about to go somewhere."

"You're so fucking demanding, asshole."

"Fuck you too then, Ms. I'm So Fucking Uptight."

"I am not uptight."

"Psh, that's only something uptight people would say."

 I threw on a black crop tank, black leather leggings, red converse and an army fatigue jacket. I kept my hair up into a bun because I just don't feel like doing anything major to my hair right now.

"Milan, hurry the fuck up! Damn."

King always rushing me. He want me to look good , but don't want me to take the time to look good. Stupid ass.

The car ride was silence mainly because I ignored King the entire time. When the car finally came to a stop, I looked up to see the most beautiful scenery ever. The lake was a perfect color or blue, while the grass was green to perfection.  The Sun was actually shining today. I loved it instantly.

King opened the door for me and grabbed my hand and led me to the water. I just couldn't be mad at him any longer.

"King..This is gorgeous."

"This is where I used to come , all the time. Just to get away from the ways of the world. You see that house over there, well what's left of it ? That was my childhood home. I would always sneak out of the house, just to come here."

"What happened to the house?"

"One night my mama was working the graveyard shift, I was home alone with my younger brother. We kept hearing noises , but us being young , we continued to play video games. Then we heard this loud bang. I ran to my bedroom door to see what it was and the entire downstairs was on fire. The fire was spreading to the stairs and I had to get us out. I told my little brother to climb out the window first , but he was scared. I took it upon myself to climb out first. I guess I took to long getting out and the first burst into my bedroom. I tried to quickly grab my brother, but he continued to back away each time I said hurry up. He stepped into the fire and I couldn't sit there and watch him die. I jumped from the tree and ran. I've hated myself so much for that. To this day, I think about how much differently my life would be with my little brother around. It hurts man."

I looked over to see King crying. I've never seen him cry, ever. I moved closer to him and comforted him. Now I understand why King is so.. blunt. He's had a rough childhood. Not knowing who his father was plays a big part in it as well. My childhood was also rough, growing up without your parents , but I guess different people handle things differently. 

"King, why did you decide to start selling?" 

"Had to make ends meet some kind of way, yunno."

I sat for a while and looked at the side of King's face. The sun was shining at a perfect angle on his skin. I love this man. He is the real definition of a man. Hustling to provide for his, taking care of his woman, and actually caring about others besides himself.

We sat there just looking at the view for a little while. We finally decided to leave. I enjoyed my day with King. I never knew King had been going through something like that.  Now I just want to take his mind off his past and make our future the best possible. We were jamming in the car to Take You Out Your Glory ( A Chief Keef Diss) by Lil Jay when I recieved a text.