prologue.

I should probably tell you how this all happened, shouldn't I?

If you look above at the picture, that's me. Hi! The name's Ivy Cookson; i'm  a twenty year old , ORDINARY , girl from a tiny village in Scotland called Larkhall. My mum Harleigh is a primary school teacher, my dad Jethro (yes, that is his real name) a police officer, specialising in homicides and my older brother Greg is currently studying at the University of London doing a joint degree in accounting and business. Oh, and my cat Daisy; my first love.

Sounds pretty ordinary, doesn't it? Well, there is one itsy, bitsy, thing what may be different in my life than in the lives of other girls.

I'm an actress. Yeah, an actress.

I'm currently playing the role of Hollie Gregson, a forensic scientist in the crime drama NCIS and, in a couple of months, going to be playing Violet Dixon, Daryl's daughter what he never knew he had (it sounds confusing but when it gets aired, you'll get it. It's okay) in the walking dead. THE WALKING DEAD! As you can probably tell, i'm quite happy about that.

If i'm honest with you, being an actress was never something i have ever wanted to do. When i was in high school, i had to do drama for three years and i hated every single moment of it; dropping it as soon as i could. Then, then something happened. For a joke, i started a YouTube channel which got quite popular with videos consisting of hand-made songs and cooking videos. In autumn, i got a message on my instagram account from the boss of CBS entertainment in America. Of course, i thought it was a joke but little did i know, it was real. They sent me a message saying that i had the potential to be a great actresses and would i be interested in coming to them and auditioning for a role in the show NCIS. 

So, i went, auditioned and i got the job! I was so happy, it was though a wave of excitement and joy swept over my body. After this, me and my parents packed and moved to America. Greg wanted to stay and finish off his degree but as soon as he finished, he would come and live with us. It was a dream come true.

It is still a dream come true. I met some amazing people and in this, i met my best friend James. I love the little bean to bits and bits, he's my sausage roll. We met in this tiny little 1950's café where he was working at the time and from there, we hit it off. I mean, he's like the brother i never had (sorry Greg, i love you though) and i would be lost without him. The only problem is that i, and every one else knows, he is in love with me. Like, you would have to  be blind if you couldn't see that. I think he knows that i only see him as my best friend and in a round about way, it's quite cute. Currently, we are looking into buying a house together.

Now, onto how i got a role in the walking dead. To be honest, i still think its a dream. Whilst i was rehearsing for the season seven finale of NCIS, the creator of the walking dead came in and saw my acting. According to Pauley (who plays Abby in it), he thought i had something about me what could change the walking dead all together. So, me and James travelled to Los Angeles where the auditions were being held; i auditioned and i got the part! I phoned my parents and Greg and told them and they were ever so happy for me. I'm happy for me. It's like a dream come true.

So, now you know my life story, would you like to continue?