chapter fourteen.

James Princeston's POV

'Hey, Ivy. Come here!' I exclaim, pulling her into my arms and kissing her as we stumble backwards onto the bed.

'Well then, what was that for?' Ivy asks me, planting a little kiss on my forehead as a smile forms on her face.

'What? Even though you're my girlfriend, i can't kiss you?' I laugh out, stroking the side of her face with my middle finger.

'Smooth' Ivy replies to me, rolling across the bed and standing up; letting out her weird stretches what always appear every morning 'Right, i'm going to go to the bathroom and you should get changed if we're going out today. As much as i love your DC pyjama bottoms and your ewok t-shirt, i don't think the people will appreciate seeing it on the beach'

'Fair enough love' I reply to her as she makes her way to the bathroom and slams the door behind her.

I don't know how she can slam doors so loudly. It's like living with Michael Myers sometimes.

Sliding out of bed, i rummage through the clothes basket to try and find something fairly appropriate to wear. My brain still can't understand this, you know? Like, I've been pining over Ivy from the first time that my eyes laid eyes on her and there was no way in hell in my mind that i would ever be with her and now, now it feels like my wish finally came true. You know?

After a good five minutes of looking through my vast array of clothes, i finally decide on an okay (ish) outfit.

I always feel undressed when i'm ever with Ivy. She just looks her best all the time, it's quite amazing really.

'Ivy, are you ready?' I shout out, walking into the living room and bouncing down onto the sofa next to James.

'How can you be even more chipper than before?' Greg asks me, laughing as he switches on the telly and flicking to Fox to binge on Grey's anatomy.

'Well Gregory, that's because i'm exceedingly happy that i'm with your sister. Also, exceedingly happy that i'm doing her aswell' I tell him as he clips me on the back of my head; me repeating the same action to him.

'You've got some nerve kid, do you know that?' Greg tells me as the phone goes off; deafening me in the process.

'It never stops!' I shout out, bouncing off the sofa and unplugging the phone from the stand 'Helloo?'

'James? Is that you?' the voice asks me, his voice cracking at every word. 'It's Jeffrey'

'Oh for god's sake, listen. Ivy doesn't want you, she doesn't want anything to with you. Ever, do you understand that? You're nothing to her' I shout, Greg doing a double take as i mouth to him who it is with a rage of anger rushing across his face.

'Give it here' Greg tells to me, trying to snatch the phone off me but i stop him; writing down my plan on a piece of paper near the phone stand.

'Just let me explain to her what exactly happened. It's not what she thinks it is. It wasn't like that' Jeffrey pleads with me as i roll my eyes and my blood starts to boil.

'What kind of idiot do you take Ivy for? She saw you kiss laura, lauren whatever her name is. Did you trip over your own two feet and fall onto her lips?' I say to him as Greg lets out a laugh and a smile.

'Look, this has nothing to do with you? Technically James, this has nothing to do with you' Jeffrey tells me, his voice becoming slightly raised.

' Nothing to do with me? I'm her boyfriend now so let me think, hmm, i think it does have something to do with me' I tell him, Greg startling himself up in shock; leaving him dumbfounded.

'She's never with you. I mean, she doesn't even like you like that?' a bewildered Jeffrey says to me, my face letting out a coy smile as more thoughts come in my head.

'Oh, little Jeff-y. If she didn't 'like me', why did Ivy and I make sweet, sweet love last night? Why did she kiss me as soon as she woke up? Is it finally coming into perspective now why she a) isn't yours and b) why she doesn't like you anymore. She likes me instead. Now, go and scurry off back to your hovel and make out with that sket like you did before. Bye!' I finish off before ending the call and slamming the phone down.

'Holy shit! James, you wrecked him. How- Where did that come from?' Greg asks me, astonishment present in his voice.

'I actually don't know. I guess i was just so angry at him that i got possessed by Lucifer or something like that and i turned into a insult machine' I reply to him, flopping back down onto the sofa next to him and grabbing the controls off him.

'Imagine what Ivy would do if she saw that then?' Greg asks me, looking at his phone as i switch from Grey's anatomy to the news.

'Should i tell her? About what happened with Jeffrey or not?' I ask him, a flicker of worry running across my eyes.

'I wouldn't. I mean, she's finally happy again and i don't want to see anyone ruin that' Greg begins to tell me 'Anyway, she's yours now. She's your responsibility to protect her from idiots like that'

'What was all that yelling about?' Ivy shouts from the bathroom, making her way outside the bathroom and to the bedroom. 'Is everything okay?'

'Yeah, i um- we we-'

'Just watching an intense story on the news and it got to us, i guess' Greg cuts in, saving me from embarrassing myself in front of her.

'Alright. James, i'll be out in a minute or two' Ivy tells me, shutting the bedroom door behind her as i let out a sigh of relief.