chapter five.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan's POV

'JEFFREY!' Norman shouts from the middle of the restaurant, his finger pointing me to where him and the group were sat.

It's so busy in here tonight. Jesus. A million and one waiters and waitresses hurry their way past me; their arms laden in food. The shouts of people over exaggerating their amount of enjoyment make me wish I bought Lucille with me tonight but alas, she stayed at the studio.

'Hey guys' I shout, pulling out a chair and taking a seat next to Lauren and Norman.

Tonight, it's me, Andrew, Norman, Danai, , Lauren, Chandler and Eleanor. So far. Ivy is supposed to be coming tonight with her friend.

'Isn't past your bedtime?' I say to Eleanor and Chandler, pouring myself a glass of water from the jug and laughing to myself.

'Aren't you supposed to be writing love letters to Ivy?' Eleanor replies to me, letting out a sly smile and laughing with Chandler.

'Alright, guys behave. Aw, look at him. He's getting embarrassed' Norman exclaims, nudging me in the side before I give him a death eye.

Was it that obvious?

'What?' I stutter out, my cheeks suddenly turning lukewarm due to them becoming as red as a raspberry 'Why would I do that?'

'Why wouldn't you?' Andrew begins to tell me, passing around the breadsticks around the table 'Jeff, the minute she walked through the door today; your eyes lit up and you wouldn't stop looking at her all day. For god's sake, you walked into her changing room by mistake and it's not like you were disappointed by what you saw now, were it'

'That doesn't mean anything, just that i clicked with her' I reply, grabbing a handful of breadsticks and passing them to Danai.

'I'm sure you would want to do more than just 'click' with her Jeff' Lauren says, making everyone laugh at the joke.

I throw a breadstick at her as she stills continues to laugh. Brilliant.

'They're here!' Eleanor shouts, leaving the table and running over to them.

'Jeffrey' Norman whispers to me, letting out a wry smile 'Look behind you'

'Huh?' I say as i turn around and drop my food.

Holy shit. She looks beautiful. Like the lovechild of an vogue model and a victoria's secret model. Her dress makes her have a body what would make a guy swoon, her hair is curled as it cascades down her back. She looks like a dream come true. Yes, i know that sounds a bit soppy but it's the truest thing i've said all week.

'Come on, we're over here!' Eleanor says to them, her voice echoing across the room to the table.

Shit. Shit. Shit. God, i hope i look okay. I sound like a teenage girl. Brilliant.

'Hey guys!' Ivy says, letting out a smile 'Right, i would like you all to meet my best friend James. Be gentle with him, he's innocent'

'Can't promise that' Danai replies, looking him up and down in an approving manner as they both sit down.

'So James, tell me. Are you single?' Lauren asks him, Eleanor and Danai looking at him intently.

'Um--yes. Yes I am' James stutters out as his face goes red; Ivy kissing him lightly on the cheek before changing her attention to me.

'Jeffrey! I've missed you, which is odd. I didn't think i would miss a serial killer' Ivy laughs out as she puts her arms around my neck and nuzzles into me for a bit.

'Think clean thoughts, think clean thoughts' I think to myself, nuzzling her back before letting her go.

'He missed you aswell, you know. I mean, who wouldn't?' Andrew tells her, winking at her in a playful manner as in a way of telling me 'Your move'

Dick.

'You did?!' Ivy exclaims, her face breaking out into a massive grin.

'Of course i did' I finally reply, letting out a smile as Chandler just laughs. He's enjoying this, i can tell.

'You little cutie-pie!' Ivy tells me as Norman passes the menus around.

'Girls, put James down and pick what you want to eat. You can't eat him. Well, not yet anyway, gotta keep it PG-13' Norman tells them as they eventually let him go and pick.

'Hey Ivy?' I ask her as she lets out a little nod as in her way of saying continue.

'Right, who's ready to order?' the waiter exclaims, a mattel smile plastered across his face.

For fuck's sake, i will never be able to ask her out properly, will i? Not with things keeping interrupting me.

'Sure, what do you all want?' Andrew asks them all, going in a clockwise setting.

Most of them are going for either steak, chilli or this thing they have what is basically a bunch of vegetables mashed together topped with these weirdly-cut potatoes.

'Ivy, what do you want?' Andrew asks her, raising up his left eyebrow in anticipation.

'Could I please have the hottest curry you have with extra hot sauce and chips instead of rice please?' Ivy rhymes out as the others, including myself, look at her in bewilderment.

'What?' Ivy asks us, a confused look broadcasted across her face

'And for the gentleman next to her?' The waiter asks me, his smile making me cringe inside

'Just the normal burger please' I say to him as he scurries off into the distance.

'Ivy, how can you eat that? Isn't it too hot for you?' Chandler asks her, taking a sip of his drink.

'It's never bothered me. My parents used to live off curries when me and my brother, Greg, were kids so I got used to them. You should have seen your faces when i ordered it, i wish i took a picture off it' Ivy tells us, laughing as she pours herself a drink.

'You don't look like the sort of girl who would order that. No offence, of course' Norman tells her, checking his phone briefly.

'Oh believe me, there's a lot you don't know about me' Ivy replies, winking at me and licking her lips for a second before taking a sip of her drink again.

'Oh yeah?' I reply to her, my face letting out a smile as i look her up and down again. I bet she looks so sexy out of her dress.

'Maybe you should find out' Ivy whispers to me before turning her attention to the boys.

'Well, looks like you got Jeffrey all excited' Lauren says to her as i suddenly realise.

I may have gotten a bit too excited, downstairs anyway. Kill me now.

'Oh my' Ivy whispers out, her face breaking out into a small smile as she takes another sip of her water.

This is just what I need. Oh, fuck.