chapter four.

James Princeston's POV

(authors note -- okay, oh my goodness! over four hundred views! you have no idea how much this to me

(authors note -- okay, oh my goodness! over four hundred views! you have no idea how much this to me. i'm ever so glad that you like the story. also, this part of the chapter is from James's POV because i always think in some stories (romance genre), the role of the best friend is underrated so *insert dramatic hand movement* this is why i've done it from James's perspective, i hope you like it!)
Z

'Wait, we're going where tonight?' I ask Ivy, bewildered and casually sipping my milkshake.

'Jesus, you doaty. It's like i told you' Ivy replies to me, finishing off the rest of her milkshake and throwing it in the bin. Her hair swaying behind her making it almost look veil shaped 'Me and you are going out tonight. To a meal. With the walking dead cast... minus the walkers'

'Oh my goodness' I exclaim, finishing off my milkshake and throwing it in the bin.

For the first time in my life, i didn't miss the shot. I feel accomplished.

'Also, you'll have to wear something smart, you know. You can't just wander in looking like you've just finished peeling oranges on the side of the street; you gotta make a bit of an effort, my numpty!' Ivy tells me, opening up the door to our apartment as we enter.

The scent of Ivy's Yankee candles what she 'invests' in are fragrant across the room; smell almost overwhelming. There's only so much Christmas Cookie scent a guy can take. I shut the door behind me and hang up her bags and my coat on the hooks.

'Fine, alright i will. Only for you though, not for anyone else' I mutter out, turning to face her as she rummages through the washing machine to find her outfit for tonight.

'Yay! See, i knew you would eventually come around!' Ivy shouts back to me, kissing me gently on the side of the face as she takes her clothes and makes her way into the bathroom.

Huh, i wonder what it's like to be so perfect all the time? She just seems so perfect. I mean, nothing will ever happen (unfortunately). I've been in the friendzone for so long, i was in there when my chemical romance were still together. Still, she's mine. Metaphorically speaking and i don't want to mess that up by letting her know that i may be a teensy, tiny, bit in love with her.

Opening my bedroom door, i slam the door behind me and try to find something 'smart' as she put it to wear tonight. Knowing me, i would probably find something in a split second but it seems to take longer to find something today.

'Oh, come on' I say to my wardrobe, flicking back and forth across the rail before eventually finding something.

It's the suit my father gave me before he died. I thought this was long gone, thinking it got left behind in my mum's house. Guess i was wrong. Ah, it fits me like a gem.

'IVY! YOU ALMOST DONE IN THE BATHROOM?' I shout, shutting my bedroom door behind me and making my way to the bathroom

'ONE SECOND!' Ivy shouts back, her voice echoing throughout the apartment.

Oh the perks of living with a girl!

'A'ight, i'm done now!' Ivy tells me, walking out of the door and wrapping a towel around her. Her wet hair looks like it's been windswept a thousand and one times whilst tiny little water-drops falling from the side of her face and yet.. yet she stills looks beautiful.

'James? Are you okay?' Ivy asks me, looking at me and letting out a smile.

'Who me? Yeah, i'm fine' I stutter out, realising that I've just been staring at her for the past minute. 'Just go and get ready, love'

'Okay!' Ivy exclaims, walking to her room as i rush my way into the bathroom and lock the door behind me.

Jesus, why did i have to stare at her for so long? It would probably be less obvious to have a sign on my head saying 'don't mind me, i'm just picturing you out of your towel and in my bed'. That would have been more subtle than that.

I'm smart, aren't i?

Opening the bathroom cabinet, i scurry my hand around until i find my watch (don't ask me why i keep my watch in the bathroom, it's a habit of mine' and the cologne what Greg got me last Christmas. I spray it on me, a bit going in my mouth by accident. Great, aswell as eye-undressing my best friend, my breath smells of Gucci. Brilliant!

I make my way out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind me and throwing my phone into my inside blazer pocket.

'I'M DONE!' Ivy's voice chimes out, turning myself around and looking at her.

Blimey.

She looks.. she looks amazing.

'So, do you like it bibble?' Ivy asks me, turning around on her heel as her hair and tassels of her dress spin with her

'Bloody hell! Ivy, you look stunning! You really do!' I exclaim, moving my tie from side to side and flattening down my suit.

'And you, James Princeston, look unbelievably gorgeous. I feel underdressed now, standing next to you' Ivy tells me, grabbing her bag and coat from our excuse for a hallway.

'Trust me, Ivy. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to be spending a whole night with you' I reply to her, putting her coat on for her as i do the same for me.

'Aw, aren't you a cutie-pie?' Ivy says to me, kissing me on the side of my face and giving me a brief hug before opening the door 'You coming or what, you numpty?'

'With you, i'll go anywhere' I tell her, praying to god that doesn't sound half as creepy as it sounds in my head.

I'm catastrophically in love with her, aren't i?