chapter thirteen.

ivy cookson's POV

ivy cookson's POV

(Okay, oh my god! A thousand reads! I--i'm in shock, i really am! I only started to do this as something for fun because i wanted to do something productive and i'm so pleased that people actually like this! I'm ever so grateful to everyone who has read this, commented, voted, added to their reading lists and everything else; this really does mean the world to me. Now, after this chapter; there will be one more chapter dedicated to James and then, there will be two chapter's dedicated to Jeffrey's perspective as it was crucial for the plot line in the present and especially in the future to do multiple chapters from James's and Ivy's perspective now but i promise, there will be more Jeffrey! Oh, big news! There will also be a sequel to this aswell, currently in progress. Anyway, enough about me.. let's get back to the life of Ivy!)

'Ow!' I exclaim, getting up out of bed and shutting the curtains.

It's like everything in the world has decided to make a vendetta against my poor eyes; from tears to the god awful glare of the morning sun.

'Someone's cheerful' James mutters from behind me, stretching against the bedframe before laughing 'Suffering from the aftermath of me, are we?'

'Don't flatter yourself!' I reply, bouncing onto his bed; snuggling back into James 'Anyway, how was i?'

'Hmm' James begins to say, flipping on top of me 'Honestly, I've had better'

'Lil' shit' I say to him, placing a kiss on his lips gently before clipping him on the back on his head.

'I'm joking, you were bloody brilliant. Literally' James tells me, planting little kisses on my neck as the door buzzer goes.

'Who on earth?' I ask, letting out a little sigh in disbelief.

'It's probably the neighbours complaining about last night' James replies to me, placing a kiss on my lips before rolling off me; grabbing his dressing gown from the floor and wrapping it around him.

I let out a laugh to myself as James's makes his way outside of the door and i go underneath the covers. I just slept with my best friend. My best friend, and do you know what? I don't regret it for a singular second. It just felt so right, you know? I mean, i've always known James has had a little bit of a thing for me and if i'm honest i've always fancied him in a way but being together. It just seemed like a pipe dream.

'James? Who is it?' I shout out but to no reply although there is a scurry of voices behind the bedroom door.

Huh, that's odd. That's it, i'm turning into Sherlock Holmes to investigate.

I place my feet on the floor beneath me, stretching lightly before fumbling my way through James's bedside drawers to find a t-shirt. They all smell so nice, oh my god. I should steal his shirts more often.

I pull one of his jumpers over me, the material soft against my skin as i hop out of bed and make my way outside of the door.

'James? Bib, who is it?' I shout out, walking away into the kitchen and pouring myself a cup of tea.

'You're alive' a voice shouts from behind me, grabbing me by the neck and giving me a noogie.

'Ow, ow, ow! Get'cha' I shout back, my brain realising that it's Greg and batting his away from me 'You bugger, what are you doing here?'

'I told you i would come and visit you tomorrow to see how you are but from the looks of things, i think James's has made you feel a lot, lot better' Greg begins to tell me, nudging me in the side before he sits next to James on one of our multi-coloured breakfast skills (what, they were on sale; of course we were going to buy them) 'Tell me James, were you gentle? were you kind?'

'Nah, not at all' James replies to him, grabbing the pot of tea from me as i slide him a mug across the kitchen top.

'You know, if i didn't like you. You would probably be in a coma right now' Greg says to him, getting his phone from his pocket and scrolling through it.

'Oi, be nice!' I say to Greg, walking over to James and sitting on his lap; taking little sips of my tea. 

'You going into work today then, Vee?' James asks me, placing my cup onto the kitchen counter and spinning us around on the stool.

'No, no i don't think so. Last time I saw Andrew, he said that i shouldn't. Y'know, for things to cool down a bit' I reply, tickling him in the sides to make him stop.

'Aye, fair enough' Greg says to me, walking over to the kitchen and brewing himself a cup of coffee.

I can't see why people like coffee, it tastes too bitter.

'Ivy, we could always spend the day at the beach today. The weather's supposed to be nice today and i was thinking, if you wanted, we could go to your harry potter festival tonight' James asks me, pulling me further up into his lap as he starts to drink his tea.

'You'd do that?!' I exclaim, my face beaming with a gigantic smile and jumping up and down on his lap.

'Of course! I mean, it can be our first date. Well, our first date as a couple' James mutter out, his face turning a faint red when he said the word couple.

'Aw, James is in love!' Greg mocks, poking him in the side whilst laughing to himself.

'Shut-up' James replies, his face still a bit red as he bats Greg's hands away.

'I would love too!' I reply to James, bringing his face closer towards me as i kiss him again whilst his face turns back to his normal colour. 'Now, help yourself too whatever we have in the fridge Greg because me and James need to get changed' I finish off, chugging down my tea as i jump down and make my way to my bedroom.

Couple. Couple. I like that.