3

Clove Chapter 3

I walk slowly and silently out of my house and into the square with a trail of little brother behind me that arnt old enough to be in the reaping yet. When we get close enough I get into the long line of kids so i can check in. All they do is take a little blood it doesn't hurt much. Then I walk slowly with butterfly's in my stomach as I see the mayor and Dayla Dunalt, our districts escort, walk out on to the stage. The mayor says something that sounds familiar. The story he says evert year but I never listen. "Welcome Everybody!!" Dayla says with a cheesy grin. It makes everyone laugh every year with her fluorescent yellow dress and purple five inch high heals. Her bright orange and green hair is what puts it over the top, it stands almost one foot in the air, but we manage to hold it back. "we will begin... Ladies first and may the odds be ever in your favor!" Dayla says into the microphone. Then she scatters over to the large glass bowl that is filled with thousands of slips and seven of them have my name on it. She reaches her large hand that looks like a fish, scaly and green, into the bowl and grabs a slip right from the top. She scatters back to the microphone, and opens the piece of paper very delicately.