7. Epic Conversation

Hey everyone, i know i am late. Sorry.

Well, here is another chapter of "Conflicting Changes"

Happy Reading.!!

*******

Epic Conversation

Manik reached his office 30 minutes late, on normal days he would have eaten up rawly or got rotten in hell by his H.O.D Mr.Shashank by now but today he got lucky. By God's grace Shashank has taken an emergency leave due to his health problem. Feeling relieved is a short word which is to be used to describe the Manik's situation. So, he peacefully went to his place and resumed his work.

But today there is some difference in his behavior, obviously, his mind is filled with the conversation that he had just a few minutes back. He loved her voice so so much. And the most unexpected thing is he is liking her voice more than her picture. He took that photo from his phone and started thinking about that melodious voice. His mind is having a tough time to accept that actually it is her voice only. And again he thought not to judge a book by its cover. Who knows she has really excellent voice and manners besides being darn hot.

He very well knows that what she will be doing right now. She and her friends might be struggling hard to find him. To recognize their stranger. 

Stranger.!!

That's what the relation they shares. 

until now.

Suddenly that word "stranger" felt special to him. Suddenly he is feeling that the meaning of that word is changed. It seems beautiful and unharmful.            

But he yet his heart has some fear that who knows he might remind like that only. This thought made him fear. His body stiffened and his mind started to work on that to what to say her when she calls him in the evening.

Will she realize that he is actually stranger?? Or still a childhood-friend-whom-she-had-forgot.

Nah, she is not that fool, she will find for sure that he is a real stranger to her.

shaking his head, he diverted his mind into his working. He doesn't want to have any loophole when it is coming to his work. For him, his work has always been the first priority as long as he stands in the office. So, by deviating his mind from HER he resumed his work.

For Manik, this day has been a much peaceful day. No growls or deadly looks from his head, healthy lunch with Dhruv and no seductress looks from his boss's P.A. Uff, that girl and her looks really make him feel gross. 

He reached his flat a bit early today because he desperately wants to talk to her. He wants to know that whether she found about him or not.If she found how is he going to answer her. After knowing the truth will she continue talking to him or will she simply block him?

Uff, a lot of thoughts.

A lot of questions.

Only she can clear them.

In the evening he reached home and fastly changed his clothes running around his home like mad hurry rabbit. 

Finally, after settling himself, he is standing on the balcony gripping his phone tight.

Suddenly he is feeling nervous to call her. Will she lift his call or not? what will she think about him?

By taking a deep sigh, he dialed her number and she lifted in the third call only as if she waiting for his call only.

He said "Hello?"

"Why did you lie?" that's what the response he got immediately from her. Ohh wow, that was quick and very much straightforward too.!!

"Well well well, atlast you found the truth.But genuinely i did that to just find out who will be there on opposite side and besides yours is a fancy number" he said to her by maintaining his calm nature.

By listening to him all those three girls huffed on his response, obviously, they didn't expect him to be that much cool and full of attitude, at least an apology would make it work. Also on another side, they didn't think that he will say the truth for the first time only. Nevermind Mukti asked "But why did you acted like our childhood friend?

"So, what should i do? to tell that i am a stranger and just talking for timepass. duh.! Also, i thought you will be impressed if i made you all rewind your childhood" Manik replied.

'smartass' mouthed Nandini, then this time Riddhi took the phone "Dude, you seriously don't know us?".And he replied "Nah, not even your names" By hearing this Nandini who is up to now only listening took the mobile and asked him "Are you playing with us?"

"No, not at all. I am Manik and working as an employee in Murthy industries. I live in.. before he continue Riddi and Mukti snatched the mobile "Wait Wait. Not even a one more detail we need" and Nandini asked "Guys, whats wrong?" then riddhi said "Arey yaar, you forgot about your fantasy, you can make it happen, you know" she said this with big smile while manik stood in his balcony with confusion by listening their weird talks.

"Okay", Nandini took her laptop and searched his name on facebook. While she is busy in finding his account, her friends explained Manik about Nandini's fantasy. He thought it is so silly of her, i mean how can two people love each other by not seeing each other or living directly. She is not that much modern as she seems, he thought in his mind.

Nandini took the phone after finding his FB account and saving his pictures, "Okay, if you are in FB, then delete your pics for some days because i don't want even my friends to see you".He quickly went to his laptop and deleted his pics on FB."Done, now at least say your name" he asked her.

"No, why should i?" she replied with a small smile. "Okay fine, i will myself give you a name," He said. By seeing the two shocked persons in front of her she thought to end the call "Bye Manik" with that she cut the call making him feel happy. And with this their mobile conversation ended.

What? Nandini asked her friends who are seeing her like she did the murder of Donald Trump. "Seriously, Nandu what's cooking in your head?" asked mukti and riddhi raised her eyebrows to stretch up indicating her to give the answer.

Sighing defeatedly Nandini showed the laptop to them in which Manik's pic is displaying which she downloaded few mins back and said "See, how good looking he is, besides having that melodious voice and on the top he works in my dad's company.So, I thought to give him a chance" 

Mukti and riddhi agreed to her point immediately and something came up into riddhi's mind then she shouted "You cheater, you said that your fantasy is to love each other without knowing?"

"Riddhi, this is not some novel but Real life.And I need to be sure of him na, also, I am a girl yaar. I need to be careful" Nandini said to them. then again Mukti asked her "But yaar, why did you make him delete his pics?" .By smiling sheepishly Nandini replied, "That is to confirm whether it is his account or not?"

"Woohoo" with this mukti and riddhi pounced on nandini with a great joy.

*******

So, now the story is taken another turn.

Can anyone suggest the nickname for nandini? If you have, then comment your suggestion. Please.

I think this chapter is too mixed up, but from next i won't repeat.

Do feel free to express your views on my story and i hope you guys like the chapter.

*VOTE*COMMENT*SHARE*

Thank you for reading, 

with love,

EMMA.!!