20.Eventful

Hello lovelies, so Manan is back with a bang, right. Trust me, i was happy that they're back.

I am sorry for being late like always, but yes this story is going to end soon people. By the way, this chapter is dedicated to my beautiful sister @stars224

Please do comment guys, i love reading them and interacting with you beautiful people.

Happy reading :)

*******

Manik went to the office feeling hell nervous as he is so late today due to his hangover last night and all those words of Nutella....well let's not go over there.

There is another big reason for Manik's nervousness right now and that is how the hell is he going to face Nandini? Last night, their date night has become a disaster.

 He entered the office only to see that everything is changed, in a good way actually, there are beautiful decors and flowers and glow bulbs and balloons and whatnot. He has no clue why was his office is decorated as if today is something special.

Frowning at the people who are wearing the good and attractive yet formal clothes, they are all taken a little effort to look special today. When he walked further, then he saw a huge banner which is telling that today his company's anniversary function.

 How can he forget this? 

Last year, he waited for this day like a kid waits for Christmas only to meet Mr.Vishnu Murthy especially in person. Every year Murthys celebrates this in a grand and proud way.

Manik shook his head in disbelief that how could he forgot this day and started walking to his cabin only to be called by Ms.Shasha who works as a receptionist. She is a good colleague but a bit more into the gossips.

"Hey Shasha, I see our office is looking like a new bride," he said by walking towards her desk and standing in front of it.

She too offered a nice smile to him and asked "Pretty, right. So, who is going to be your date tonight?" she asked him leaning forward and stretching her neck a bit high as this man is so tall.

"Date? What date?" he asked her being clueless about what she is asking and also from last night he is getting afraid from that D-word, he should stay away from it.

"Don't tell me you don't know. This year it is going to be more special as Nandini Ma'am is also now a part of this, so Vishnu sir is making it more amazing and big in every way possible. And it's a theme party where your date is compulsory" she said. "And by the way, let me tell you that you're so lucky. Because of your good looks and manners, so many girls are already looking up for you. So, you don't need to take any efforts."

"What? Yaar, you know i can't go with them" he said disinterestedly as now he knows that he is going to reject them all in a most polite way possible, but still, they will get unhappy at the end of the day.

"Yeah...yeah, i know the real reason and it's Nandini Ma'am, Right?" she asked him being fully confident.

Manik got shocked for a second but then she again added that "You forgot i am a gossip queen. Also, almost everyone knows that there is something going on in between you both as you're the only one who calls her by name and you both are always seen together somehow either in your cubicle or in Ma'am's office. So, it is easy to guess" by saying this she flipped her hair. 

And he smiled for once at her pride of being a gossip queen. She is cute in that way being herself and she always has a smile on her face. Then he realized that it's been so long since he talked with her.

"Okay, I admit that I like her but currently she is really angry with me," he said by getting a little worked up thinking about their present equation.