25(a) Conflicting Changes

Happy Reading:)

**********

Nandini and Manik came back from Lonavala in the early morning, they both didn't talk much in the car because they are sleepy and too tired, also Nandini just fell asleep in the car while Manik talked with his mother in the phone throughout the whole journey.

They reached her home first, she bid bye to Manik and told her driver to drop Manik at his place. Since it is Sunday, they both have no work. 

While she is leaving, Manik just smiled and waved his hand as a bye while he is still talking with his parents and then she remembered that Manik told to her once that he talks to his parents on a phone call or video call regularly from time to time, he must be a really good son.

Last night, Manik tried to confess about his feelings to Nandini but failed miserably due to the call from her dad which disturbed the moment and today in the morning even though they are in the same car and sitting side by side, it didn't seem correct and also it is his mother's birthday today. 

All Manik can do for his mother's birthday is talk with her as long as she wants and to make sure she feels extra loved today, his parents are actually in Greece now to celebrate his mother's birthday with their close friends, it must be his Dad's idea of surprising her. He feels bad since he couldn't be there on her birthday but he promised that he is going to visit them soon. 

When Nandini left the car, half sleepy it seemed that she isn't a morning person but she does look so adorable with her eyes half-closed and ready to fall asleep at any moment.

When Manik reached his apartment, he immediately switched his phone call to video call and talked with his parents for a very long time despite being tired, after he ended the call it felt so good. 

It seemed today is a very good day and he thought what more lucky day can be than his mother's birthday to propose to the girl he loves. So today it is after he freshen up and had some food, he called Nandini and she lifted his call very quickly.

"Hey" Nandini answered his call and there was some ruffling of papers going on from her side.

"Hi" Manik said suddenly feeling awkward.

"So you called me just to say hi?" she asked teasingly putting aside her files and he can sense her teasing smile in her tone.

"No, actually our conversation from last night remained unfinished, so I was wondering........." and then he trailed off not finishing the sentence.

"You were wondering what Manik?" Nandini asked him pressing the question.

"Are you free in the evening? Will you come to meet me?" Manik finally asked her out.

"Like a date?" Nandini asked him.

"Yeah, like a date. Again. With me." Manik said it very consciously because he still clearly remembers how their first date ended on such a bitter note and he really doesn't want the history to repeat.

"But Manik I have to attend a meeting in the afternoon" she said to him.

"What? But today is Sunday" Manik said to her as it is weekend and no one is going to be in the office.

"Yeah, I know. But some foreign delegates are coming on short notice and thus, my meeting with them got rescheduled" Nandini explained her situation to him.

"You have to work on Sundays too, wow, it seems boss life sucks" He replied teasing about her busy schedules.

Nandini sighed outwardly and said "Tell me about it"