II

"I've lived like a man who wanted to die, but who had no courage to do it himself."

Chapter II // The Olympic Coven

"Elena... It seems as though a member of the Olympic Coven is taking a visit."

Jane's senses have always been inhumanly keen, making her one of the best members of the Volturi. Even before turning, the little girl was always powerful. Two females walk the never ending halls, their three inch black heels creating a beat as they walk in unison. Their seemingly rehearse entrance is perfection. Jane is in her usual attire, a linen long-sleeve black dress that cinches high on the waist to elongate her legs. It is smooth and tight on the upper half but flows into large pleats as it extends three inches above the knee. Her heels are close-toe with a skinny strap wrapping around her ankle with a silver buckle to keep it in place. Elena wore similar clothes, however, a two piece instead of one. The sleeves stop at ¾ length and the hem of the shirt barely grazes her belly button. The pleated skirt starts almost immediately after the hem of her shirt and stops at mid thigh. Her black stilettos are open toe to reveal groomed toenails bearing a matching black paint. Both females wear lightweight capes. A single button hooks around their neck, keeping it in place. The ancient golden 'V' pendant hangs loosely on them, contrasting heavily against the all black attire.

The dark oak double doors automatically open, revealing the throne room [and heart] of the Volturi. Aro sat in the centre seat, his right ankle on top of his left knee. He wears a three piece, custom made in Italy, suit with his black hair tied loosely at his spine. Marcus and Caius sat in the remaining thrones wearing rich silk robes as they listen. It is unspoken, but Aro has always had superiority between the three leaders. At the centre of the room stands a tall figure bearing dark wash jeans and a lighter shade blue button down. They remain unflinching as the heavy set entrances open and the two women stands in front of them.

"Well? Have you decided?" The man with unruly brown hair asks, the voice resonating in Elena's ears. She knows exactly who this is. Her eyes widen for a split second before returning to their blank stare. She was made aware of the Cullen's visit, but hearing and witnessing it feels much different.

"It was an intriguing debate, we don't get many suicidal vampires... I'm afraid your gifts are far too valuable to destroy. But if you are unhappy with your lot, join us. We'd be delighted to utilize your skills." Aro clasps his hands together as he leans slightly forward with his back forever a perfect line.

"So you won't end this," Edward states to clarify.